Post your Photography Here!
Jul 2, 2007 at 1:34 AM Post #1,471 of 1,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by uofmtiger /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Great shots!

I am a fan of the 100mm macro lens, too.

I love the lens, but honestly it's not optimal for dragonflies and things because since you don't use very high magnification for those, you don't get as blurred a background (the bokeh in my dragonfly shots are only so-so). Longer lenses are a better choice for larger subjects, which is why I'm picking up the 70-200/4L soon.

Jul 2, 2007 at 5:13 AM Post #1,472 of 1,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrvile /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I love the lens, but honestly it's not optimal for dragonflies and things because since you don't use very high magnification for those, you don't get as blurred a background (the bokeh in my dragonfly shots are only so-so). Longer lenses are a better choice for larger subjects, which is why I'm picking up the 70-200/4L soon.

I like using it on dragonflies and am pretty happy with it:

original.jpg

original.jpg

I did take the following shot with a 70-300mm Quataray, so there are applications that a longer lens is helpful:

original.jpg

Jul 3, 2007 at 4:17 PM Post #1,476 of 1,784
Gonzalo, that's a pretty creative way of presenting your photos. Although I think a slightly better idea would be to have taken two different landscape pictures (one on the right, other one on the left) so they aren't so symmetrical. But thanks for the idea, I might give that a try some time.

Jul 3, 2007 at 5:10 PM Post #1,477 of 1,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by laxx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Where's the Llama's going?!?

Maybe to the doctor after it got it's @ss kicked by Winamp?
confused.gif
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back