Post your Photography Here!
May 31, 2007 at 3:25 PM Post #1,306 of 1,784
LeVein.jpg

May 31, 2007 at 10:53 PM Post #1,308 of 1,784
Is this curve for in camera JPEGs or is this something part of your RAW workflow?

Jun 1, 2007 at 12:18 AM Post #1,310 of 1,784
It's for the camera. I had to get the curve injected to the camera with nikon camera control pro. I'm trying to get the camera to give me what I want without PP if I can help it. Pretty close now, im gonna do a couple more test shots tomorrow.

I was randomly shooting stuff to try out some UV filters earlier...and suddenly a bus came into my view:
bus.jpg

Jun 1, 2007 at 2:58 AM Post #1,313 of 1,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by GlendaleViper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This one just struck me as being beautiful in its sparseness. Like an oil painting started, but never finished:
519931422_85e7197e80_o.jpg

GlendaleViper, very nice picture. I like when people take photos beyond simple picture taking and use it as an art medium (painterly, expressionistic, minimalism, deconstructivism, etc.). What kind of camera and lens did you use for that shot? It has vignetting that isn't in your other photos. Was there also any post processing to get the colors?

Oh, also I disagree with the statement that it's an oil painting not finished. I think it's plenty done in the modernist manner.

Jun 1, 2007 at 9:17 PM Post #1,315 of 1,784
At the lion sanctuary around 40 minutes from my house (like a private game reserve but strictly for lions). This is a REAL lion
wink.gif
(you'll be amazed how many people have asked if it is a statue!)
lionkq5.jpg

Jun 1, 2007 at 9:43 PM Post #1,316 of 1,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oski /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What kind of camera and lens did you use for that shot? It has vignetting that isn't in your other photos. Was there also any post processing to get the colors?

No SLR use, not yet or, at least not since I went to digital. This was shot from my balcony with a Canon S3 IS. The vignetting was not present on earlier photos because, to answer your question, post-processing was definitely used. The adjustments made seem to have brought the weaknesses of the lens to the forefront.

Regarding tweaks, I basically saturated the colours a little and darkened shadows to make the clouds "pop". At the time of the photo I was basically underexposing the shot and getting the focal point as close to the setting sun as possible, so adjusting contrast and colour was surprisingly minimal.

Again, thanks for the positive comments. I didn't really expect this photo to make quite the splash that it has. From a purist standpoint, it's a bastardization, but I went to college for painting so I like to use my camera as a brush from time to time.
wink.gif

Jun 2, 2007 at 2:24 AM Post #1,317 of 1,784
Speaking of the S3IS, I borrowed my friend's when I went on a hike yesterday. I've been suffering from lower back problems and didn't want to carry my SLR
frown.gif

It's a great camera though.

525508307_009e2dc680_o.jpg

Jun 2, 2007 at 8:58 PM Post #1,319 of 1,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.PD /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I thought I had already posted this picture here. I see that I didn't, so here it is. I took this last year, it's one of my favorites.

Dirtyface.jpg

Great shot! Love the red juices all over his face!

Another Lensbaby shot:

large.jpg

Jun 3, 2007 at 2:49 AM Post #1,320 of 1,784
devwild, that is a very nice picture. I hope your back gets better soon!

kin0kin, that flower picture is very nice. Which camera was it taken with again?

jjcha, I really like your first picture. Great culture you captured there!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back