Post Your Photography Here #2
Oct 1, 2013 at 8:03 PM Post #11,372 of 15,743
Grrr - the image posting interface locked my first attempt up.
mad.gif

Great work matthewh133 and airo!

Renaissance Festival stuff from me:

Oct 1, 2013 at 9:46 PM Post #11,373 of 15,743
Also m4/3 here

I had a bit of free time the other morning so I dusted off my camera and walked to the old female factory (now a lunatic asylum!!!) to test a $10 ebay lens

All shots are at 100mm equivalent... never used anything this long before, and I must say trying to manual focus and actually get stuff in-focus on a sh1tty LCD screen in bright, windy conditions sucks (close to 30C everyday, bushfires blazing, and it's only spring!)  

Anyway, the hospital gardens are named after these things

and people often visit when these things are in bloom

some of the flowers looked disappointing (like the livingston daisies) but there's always lots of colour.... here are some poppies being blown around
...sadly they're not the opium variety :frowning2:

... and now to some random snaps of other visitor doing stuff

here's someone taking pics using their phone

snapdragons, plus some people walking and talking

there were lots of mums pushing prams, especially in the park next door; this one looks like she's just got some surprising news

me taking a photo of people watching a person take a photo

that's all for now

Oct 1, 2013 at 9:57 PM Post #11,374 of 15,743
I've got some shots from last friday that I have a very good feeling about, I just need to take about 8 more and then I can go work on getting this film developed.

I don't know if film necessarily improves image quality, but damn does it make you think a lot harder about composition. I lift the camera to my eye, look through the viewfinder and ask myself, "Is this shot worth the film?" If no, I take the camera away from my eye. If yes, I joyfully release that glorious sounding shutter. (Not kidding, the sound my SRT-101's shutter makes is to DIE FOR).

Oct 2, 2013 at 9:45 AM Post #11,375 of 15,743
Not much of a photographer, just a person who recently bought an expensive camera. The pics are of my builds. 

Oct 2, 2013 at 11:07 AM Post #11,376 of 15,743
No problem :wink:
Nowadays it's enough to own an expensive camera to be considered a photographer.

Goodness gracious me!
Are you some kind of interior designer?

Oct 2, 2013 at 12:33 PM Post #11,378 of 15,743
It does, the right side is entirely open and there are slits in the back that allow for a nice flow rate. The hottest amps Dynahi, Zana Deux and the Balancing Act (didn't have it when the picture was taken) in there are given more space than the others. 

Oct 2, 2013 at 12:38 PM Post #11,379 of 15,743
  No problem :wink:
Nowadays it's enough to own an expensive camera to be considered a photographer.

Goodness gracious me!
Are you some kind of interior designer?

No, just a hobbyist. A couple of years back I wanted to buy a coffee table that was outside of my budget. It was a recurring issue, the furniture I wanted most was the furniture I could least afford. So a buddy suggested we take a trip to a lumberyard in the area. We did and... eventually an addiction set in. Common enough tale I think, give or take the lumberyard. 

Oct 2, 2013 at 12:41 PM Post #11,380 of 15,743
This is another rack I built (the first). 

Oct 2, 2013 at 5:03 PM Post #11,381 of 15,743

No, just a hobbyist. A couple of years back I wanted to buy a coffee table that was outside of my budget. It was a recurring issue, the furniture I wanted most was the furniture I could least afford. So a buddy suggested we take a trip to a lumberyard in the area. We did and... eventually an addiction set in. Common enough tale I think, give or take the lumberyard. 

That's a really cool and organic look to the furniture and fixtures you've built.  

Oct 2, 2013 at 11:20 PM Post #11,384 of 15,743
Thanks for the compliments. They do mean a lot. 

As for finding room:

One treats space as though it were the most valuable commodity. One also looks upon closets as though they were sheds for storing building materials to the consternation of his spouse who unfortunately had to sacrifice every nook and cranny to make this hobby work. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back