Post Your Photography Here #2
Mar 18, 2013 at 9:55 PM Post #10,472 of 15,743
That's a reeealy nice and well timed picture! Very well done :)

Mar 19, 2013 at 6:06 AM Post #10,473 of 15,743

Mar 19, 2013 at 11:03 AM Post #10,474 of 15,743

Mar 19, 2013 at 9:59 PM Post #10,475 of 15,743
8567771661_f325cb9f85_b.jpg

Mar 21, 2013 at 2:05 AM Post #10,477 of 15,743
Quote:

Tomorrow, I'll open it and give it a try...

NO!!!!! Its not good.....please send me your address and I will take it from your hands.
biggrin.gif

Congratulation:

P.S: An Old Pro. Photographer (May He R.I.P) once gave me an advice:
If you want to shoot great pictures, get a CANON. If you want to learn how to shoot great pictures, get a NIKON.
Thats why I have a Pentax with Limited Lenses (which for me nothing comes close to them ) and a Nikon

Mar 21, 2013 at 8:45 AM Post #10,478 of 15,743
Quote:
P.S: An Old Pro. Photographer (May He R.I.P) once gave me an advice:
If you want to shoot great pictures, get a CANON. If you want to learn how to shoot great pictures, get a NIKON.
Thats why I have a Pentax with Limited Lenses (which for me nothing comes close to them ) and a Nikon

I've used both and in terms of DSLRs there is really no practical difference aside from everything on the nikon being backwards of canon and the nikon having two command dials. I'm guessing this statement dates from the film Rebel days - the rebel was way more user friendly in its time, which is why it was so popular.

My advice, if you want to learn how to shoot great pictures - get out and practice. 
wink.gif

Though if you really want to learn the ins-and-outs, get an older film slr (Nikon FM2 is a great one if you can get a good price) where you have no choice but to understand what you are doing. Keep telling yourself... there is no Auto, there is no Auto. 
biggrin.gif

Mar 21, 2013 at 9:21 AM Post #10,479 of 15,743
Quote:

I've used both and in terms of DSLRs there is really no practical difference aside from everything on the nikon being backwards of canon and the nikon having two command dials. I'm guessing this statement dates from the film Rebel days - the rebel was way more user friendly in its time, which is why it was so popular.

My advice, if you want to learn how to shoot great pictures - get out and practice. 
wink.gif

Though if you really want to learn the ins-and-outs, get an older film slr (Nikon FM2 is a great one if you can get a good price) where you have no choice but to understand what you are doing. Keep telling yourself... there is no Auto, there is no Auto
biggrin.gif

I could not have said better myself.

I agree with you, I really loathe the Auto ...
cool.gif

Mar 21, 2013 at 1:13 PM Post #10,481 of 15,743

Mar 21, 2013 at 3:33 PM Post #10,482 of 15,743
So, I just learned that if you look at side B or "Act II" of the Paradise Theater LP by STYX, a really cool image appears. Its very difficult to get a picture of, but I'm trying my best. I cant believe I never noticed this!!

Mar 21, 2013 at 6:49 PM Post #10,484 of 15,743

She is being left home alone.
mad.gif

Mar 21, 2013 at 11:11 PM Post #10,485 of 15,743
I don't use auto, but I shoot almost predominantly with aperture priority.  

Aperture priority, programme auto, shutter priority: all are automatic exposure methods. Even manual is automatic. No modern camera leaves you out in the cold re: exposure. A nikon FM/2/3 will still give you meter readings unless your battery is gone.

You have to go much farther back to really have full control. SLRs were meant for hands-free shooting in war, sports and other events. Even stop-down shooting SLRs are far more automatic than we are led to think.

I love automatic exposure. I use it at work. The only time I ignore the meter is with product photography and the use of external lights/strobes.

Automatic is simply wonderful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back