Post Your Photography Here #2
Jul 22, 2009 at 6:48 AM Post #5,357 of 15,760
Towert7,the colors are very saturated,but for some reason,they make me feel very nice when i look at them.
smile.gif

Agnostic,I really like the colours of the last picture on your last set of photos.These colours make the picture very beautiful.The first one is great too,but the tree in the foreground seems a bit odd.Did you use fill in flash?

Jul 22, 2009 at 6:50 AM Post #5,358 of 15,760
Quote:

Originally Posted by limpidglitch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Awesome!

Mr. Sauer, please don't forget about us poor mortals left here in the ditch, now that you're all big and famous, and probably Magnum too, soon.

May I ask why you chose to have glass in front of your prints?
It might just be me, but I find a little distracting.

Big and famous... I wish! So far I still have to sell at least 5 more prints just to recoup my investment!
tongue_smile.gif

Don't talk to me about magnum, seeing Cartier Bresson's work still makes me green with envy. I have actually had dreams about his photos.
mad.gif

I had them behind glass for protection though that may be unneccesary. Anyway, in the opening photos you may see some reflections but that is from odd angles. We adjusted all the lights in the gallery so that when you are in front of a picture there are hardly any.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Towert7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Agnostic, I remember some of those scenes from before. Did you revisit them, or have you re-edited them better?

Yes, I went back to some old photos and tried some different ways of pp.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr_baseball_08 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Agnostic. I really enjoy the composition of your images but the saturation seems over the top. I've never seen the intense colors portrayed in your shots, but perhaps that's the effect you're going for?

With these last ones I was trying for a bit surreal or hyper-real look. I enjoy trying out different ways of pp and discovering ways to get certain looks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by john53 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Agnostic,I really like the colours of the last picture on your last set of photos.These colours make the picture very beautiful.The first one is great too,but the tree in the foreground seems a bit odd.Did you use fill in flash?

Thanks! No I didn't use fill flash but these birches have a kind of silvery bark that is quite reflective.

Jul 22, 2009 at 7:34 AM Post #5,359 of 15,760
Quote:

Originally Posted by Agnostic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Big and famous... I wish! So far I still have to sell at least 5 more prints just to recoup my investment!
tongue_smile.gif

Don't talk to me about magnum, seeing Cartier Bresson's work still makes me green with envy. I have actually had dreams about his photos.
mad.gif

Well, I think you've got some unmistakeable qualities to your photos that I think deserves a little recognition. There are so many photographers now trying to get their names out in the world, that I would be happy for just being able to sell a single print. Continue to experiment and play around as you use to, your skill can only improve.
In my eyes your best shots are those that are completely off, chromatically. Probably because they feel refreshing; in these digital times everybody seems to be so fanatic about having their photos noise-less and 'correct', I find that boring.

And those grand old men, not much you can do about them other than being amazed, and try to harvest some inspiration.
redface.gif

Quote:

I had them behind glass for protection though that may be unneccesary. Anyway, in the opening photos you may see some reflections but that is from odd angles. We adjusted all the lights in the gallery so that when you are in front of a picture there are hardly any.

Yeah, proper lighting helps a lot, but I imagined the big store-front window would reflect a fair bit. Oh well, I'm probably a little extra picky about those sort of things, and I wasn't there in person, so I really don't know.
Seemed to be a great little location for an exhibition though, not much stress going on there.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 22, 2009 at 11:25 AM Post #5,360 of 15,760
Quote:

Originally Posted by limpidglitch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, I think you've got some unmistakeable qualities to your photos that I think deserves a little recognition. There are so many photographers now trying to get their names out in the world, that I would be happy for just being able to sell a single print. Continue to experiment and play around as you use to, your skill can only improve.
In my eyes your best shots are those that are completely off, chromatically. Probably because they feel refreshing; in these digital times everybody seems to be so fanatic about having their photos noise-less and 'correct', I find that boring.

And those grand old men, not much you can do about them other than being amazed, and try to harvest some inspiration.
redface.gif

Yeah, proper lighting helps a lot, but I imagined the big store-front window would reflect a fair bit. Oh well, I'm probably a little extra picky about those sort of things, and I wasn't there in person, so I really don't know.
Seemed to be a great little location for an exhibition though, not much stress going on there.
smily_headphones1.gif

I like the whole process of photography and I like the fact that there is so much to play with, different techniques to try, lucky developing accidents to cause.
smily_headphones1.gif

I think you can shoot for ages and the're will still be something new to learn. There are a lot of photographers who try create a kind of "signature style" and then stick with it. I don't think I could ever do that, I enjoy the fact that there is always something new to try though inevitably that means that some people that like one of your ways of shooting and pp will get disappointed.

Regarding those grand old men, off course jealousy can be a powerful motivator.
smily_headphones1.gif

The opening was indeed quite relaxed. The gallery is in a nice cosy side street from the main shopping area in an old 17th century town center with small canals and streets. The layout of the central part of town (like many smaller cities here in the netherlands) is basically unchanged since the early 17th century, the mote around the town center is still there and even some of the old city gates are still intact. Actually the city is celebrating the 750th anniversary of its official recognition as a city this year.

Here's a shot from the old town:

7838449_64138b115f_o.jpg

Jul 24, 2009 at 8:12 PM Post #5,366 of 15,760
Quote:

tongue_smile.gif

I had them behind glass for protection though that may be unneccesary.

For me (in N. California) the galleries require acrylic or plexiglass, no glass for liability issues.

May I ask? How much for the the Pink Volkswagon in the window?

Jul 25, 2009 at 12:43 AM Post #5,367 of 15,760
My neighborhood tonight 10:30pm
19108271.jpg

57654956.jpg

The local highway (E18) tonight 00:00 and 00:30am
84117661.jpg

18301428.jpg

Jul 25, 2009 at 6:42 PM Post #5,370 of 15,760
@Krmathis: I really like the second one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ronin74 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For me (in N. California) the galleries require acrylic or plexiglass, no glass for liability issues.

May I ask? How much for the the Pink Volkswagon in the window?

It's 180 Euros (about 250$) for a 30x45 print. That's for a signed and numbered limited edition of 50.

Any idea what a print like that would go for in a California gallery?

7853073_13612db9c9_o.jpg

7854244_83b18b3a18_o.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back