Post Your Photography Here #2
Jun 19, 2009 at 9:36 AM Post #5,072 of 15,743
@onurrus: Nice portraits!
@john53: I like the distant island photo.
@dj mocok: Interesting! It obviously has a sponsor deal with Nike and curiously enough, appears to have 4 right feet
smily_headphones1.gif
Maybe Nike had an accident in one of their production facilities and now needs to get rid of a whole lot of overstocked right shoes? That would explain the sponsor contract!

7653798_f06286cba4_o.jpg

7653960_913fcf37fe_o.jpg

Jun 19, 2009 at 10:05 AM Post #5,074 of 15,743
@Agnostic your pentax galerry is great.K20d was my second choice but I ended up buying canon 40d eventually..

A few street portraits I tok yesterday..

Kids_pretend_to_be_Spiderman___by_o.jpg

Suburb_District_kids_by_onurrus.jpg

Suburb_District_kid_by_onurrus.jpg

Jun 19, 2009 at 10:27 AM Post #5,075 of 15,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by onurrus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Good pics John.I think your first one is a bit of light but loved the sunset..

Thank you!Your photos are nice,too.
Which one you mean first,the spring photo or the one with the tree and the see?And what do you mean with "light"(weak contrast?)sorry but my english...
redface.gif

Jun 19, 2009 at 11:01 AM Post #5,076 of 15,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by john53 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thank you!Your photos are nice,too.
Which one you mean first,the spring photo or the one with the tree and the see?And what do you mean with "light"(weak contrast?)sorry but my english...
redface.gif

Yes I meant the spring photo.Your English is just fine.I can understand you very well
smily_headphones1.gif
I think diaphrahm was a bit of too low.or shutter speed was too fast,Hope I could mean what I though,

My english is not great too :=)

Jun 19, 2009 at 11:35 AM Post #5,077 of 15,743
Quote:

Yes I meant the spring photo.Your English is just fine.I can understand you very well
smily_headphones1.gif
I think diaphrahm was a bit of too low.or shutter speed was too fast,Hope I could mean what I though,

My english is not great too :=)

The aperture was f11(i always use aperture priority mode with my canon dslr),and the shutter speed 1/100.I made some improvements(tweak the sharpening and contrast a little)Do you like it better now?

i don't have any problem to understand your english,don't worry!

96212.jpg

Jun 19, 2009 at 11:50 AM Post #5,079 of 15,743
@john53

Yes IMHO It looks better that way,There is a rule if you willl take pictures in the sun with manual settings "sunny16" f/16 and shutter speed is 1/125 It works for me and I dont use it complete manuel at all.I prefer AV mode which f.priority mode. I also prefer to arrange it with ISO value.for example 100 in the sunny weather and 200 in the cloudy days,

Jun 19, 2009 at 12:01 PM Post #5,080 of 15,743
Limpidglitch,thank you,i also think it's better that way.

Onnurus,thank you too.
If i use f16 the photo gets a little softer due to diffraction of the lens and i avoid it,especially if i don't want a very big depth of field.
I also use the lowest iso possible.This one is at iso 100,though i could use iso 200 too,if the weather was more windy,in order to keep the leaves clear(not blured)

Jun 19, 2009 at 12:53 PM Post #5,081 of 15,743
Agnostic,i like very much the colours in your landscape shots(and the composition too)Sorry if it's been asked before,but can you tell me what camera do you have and what settings do you use(are they jpeg or raw?)

Onnurus, i see that you like street photography(and you do it nice),did you ever had any problems with people when you take photos?I'm a bit affraid to do street photography in greece because people missunderstand you and get angry sometimes.

Jun 19, 2009 at 2:23 PM Post #5,082 of 15,743
Quote:

Agnostic,i like very much the colours in your landscape shots(and the composition too)Sorry if it's been asked before,but can you tell me what camera do you have and what settings do you use(are they jpeg or raw?)

Onnurus, i see that you like street photography(and you do it nice),did you ever had any problems with people when you take photos?I'm a bit affraid to do street photography in greece because people missunderstand you and get angry sometimes.

Thank you for thinking I do the street photography nice first of all.I am appriciated
smily_headphones1.gif

I had no problem so far.because my models are mostly my friends.If I take strangers photo I just ask and they dont mind almost at all.My favorites are the children.Because they are always eager
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 20, 2009 at 8:07 AM Post #5,085 of 15,743
Quote:

@Agnostic your pentax galerry is great.K20d was my second choice but I ended up buying canon 40d eventually..

A few street portraits I tok yesterday..

Thanks! I like the first street shot, very nice!

Quote:

Originally Posted by wanderman /img/forum/go_quote.gif

one more.

Nice shot!

Quote:

Thank you John. I use a Pentax K20D, usually with a Pentax DA 16-45mm for landscapes. I shoot raw and these last color landscape shots were post-processed in a special way in Photoshop CS4.

@limpidglitch: nice macro!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back