Post Your Photography Here #2
Jun 18, 2009 at 8:33 AM Post #5,056 of 15,743
A few recent portraits by me..

Candan3_by_onurrus.jpg

Candan2_by_onurrus.jpg

Jun 18, 2009 at 2:06 PM Post #5,059 of 15,743
Mussels! Yum!

mussels.jpg

Looks like that Canon 50mm really have a nicer bokeh than the Nikon equivalent.. But I don't care. I want to eat mussels now! Yum! Perfectly cooked mussels... If it was a tad cheaper I'd go to that place every weekend! (although it's already very good value)

Jun 18, 2009 at 2:34 PM Post #5,061 of 15,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by dj_mocok /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mussels! Yum!

Looks like that Canon 50mm really have a nicer bokeh than the Nikon equivalent.. But I don't care. I want to eat mussels now! Yum! Perfectly cooked mussels... If it was a tad cheaper I'd go to that place every weekend! (although it's already very good value)

I am really happy with the canon 50mm.yes people thinks its better than nikon 50mm. Now I am considering to buy, tamron 17-50mm..It has a good sharpness too.

Jun 18, 2009 at 3:07 PM Post #5,062 of 15,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by limpidglitch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mussels are delicious indeed, but I think you missed a little bit with the focus right there.

Yeah, couldn't wait to eat it instead of taking picture of it.
biggrin.gif

Jun 18, 2009 at 3:36 PM Post #5,063 of 15,743
Hey remember I posted a picture of a newly discovered insect a few posts back?
The insect was back again! And guess what, this time it was flying around and it landed on my teapot at the restaurant!
Luckily me being such a (quite good looking) prepared nature photographer, always have my camera handy.
I managed to take this difficult shot. But then after observing the tea and what seemed like taking a dump into my teapot, the insect flew away back to the nature.

I hope you guys enjoy the picture.

insecth.jpg

Jun 18, 2009 at 3:59 PM Post #5,064 of 15,743
Another question for film guys: is there a limit to how long you can leave an un-finished roll in a camera? For example, if I load some film tomorrow intending to expose only a few frames or so, is it possible to then wait as long as a few days to finish the roll?

Jun 18, 2009 at 4:29 PM Post #5,065 of 15,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by M0T0XGUY /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Another question for film guys: is there a limit to how long you can leave an un-finished roll in a camera? For example, if I load some film tomorrow intending to expose only a few frames or so, is it possible to then wait as long as a few days to finish the roll?

A few days should be no problem as long as the light seals on the camera are still ok. On older cameras the seals are often deteriorated letting in small amounts of light which may ruin your film.

Jun 18, 2009 at 6:39 PM Post #5,066 of 15,743
Quote:

There are many times that I have developed film that has sat in the camera for months since the first frames were shot. In fact, I rarely shoot an entire roll at a time these days.

As agnostic said, lightleaks can be an issue, but I haven't had a problem with that on my cameras from the 50s/60s/70s. On the other hand, I try not to leave film in my homemade pinhole cameras for too long. I've done a decent job sealing them, but they aren't perfect.

Jun 19, 2009 at 7:31 AM Post #5,068 of 15,743
Quote:

No problem even if you keep them in for months.Its constant by experience by me
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back