Post Your Photography Here #2
Sep 4, 2007 at 11:12 AM Post #16 of 15,743
Here are some of the B&W's I scanned recently to add to my site:

014.jpg

003.jpg

002.jpg

002-1.jpg

Sep 4, 2007 at 5:13 PM Post #18 of 15,743
Ok guys, since some of you still don't seem to understand why I created a new photography thread, I'll post part of the conversation I had with mbriant about it.

I had originally sent mbriant this PM regarding my idea:
Quote:

Hey,

I was wondering if I could start a new "post your photography" thread. I was hoping to include some rules to keep the thread pages from getting out of hand (no more than 4 images per post, no more than 800 pixels at the longest side, and no quoting other peoples' images). Right now, some of the thread pages take a very long time to load and some are unmanageably long, which makes viewing the thread a little irritating.

What do you think?

Thanks,
Eric

mbriant told me it was ok although I might have a hard time getting people to follow the "rules." So I created the thread and things went well; the participants kept the thread going with some great photography and the more consistant posts kept things looking professional. mbriant tells me that he can't be obliged to enforce the rules, to which I agreed. The "rules" at the top of the thread are meant to be more like suggestions to help keep the thread in line - the thread isn't really policed in any way and I'm really relying on you guys to cooperate.

If you guys are still having problems with the new thread, PM me with your thoughts and leave the mods alone.

Thanks.

Sep 4, 2007 at 8:22 PM Post #20 of 15,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by RedLeader /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I dont get the whole "starting new threads" thing. Have there been complaints from dialup members attempting to use this thread or something?

I'm not on dial-up, but the sheer number of images, and the size of some of the images, made it difficult to read. You're trying to read, and images keep loading as you're reading, and you have to keep scrolling to try and keep up.

Also, my internet access at work is brutally slow. We often joke that it would sometimes be faster to drive home and look something up on Roadrunner than to wait for the page to load at work.

I think that the four image per post suggestion is a good one. This limits the number of images per page, since the page breaks at 20 posts. That way, you never have more than 80 images to wait for.

Sep 4, 2007 at 8:34 PM Post #21 of 15,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by beerguy0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm not on dial-up, but the sheer number of images, and the size of some of the images, made it difficult to read. You're trying to read, and images keep loading as you're reading, and you have to keep scrolling to try and keep up.

Also, my internet access at work is brutally slow. We often joke that it would sometimes be faster to drive home and look something up on Roadrunner than to wait for the page to load at work.

I think that the four image per post suggestion is a good one. This limits the number of images per page, since the page breaks at 20 posts. That way, you never have more than 80 images to wait for.

x2. And I hate the sideways scroll

Sep 4, 2007 at 9:13 PM Post #22 of 15,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by RedLeader /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I dont get the whole "starting new threads" thing. Have there been complaints from dialup members attempting to use this thread or something?

Edit: Double post? What?

Sep 4, 2007 at 9:36 PM Post #23 of 15,743
Couple i took of my Dad showing off, click for slightly higher res...

Taken last Friday

Taken today

Image quality isn't great as they were taken from a cheapish compact digital that really doesn't like low light. I keep threatening to buy a DSLR, but i keep buying hi fi stuff instead
tongue.gif

Sep 4, 2007 at 11:40 PM Post #25 of 15,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by scompton /img/forum/go_quote.gif
x2. And I hate the sideways scroll

X3 on your qoute. And the sideway scroll was indeed quite unhandy since I work on a 12" laptop screen.
Also people should not get so upset with the creation of a new one and closing of the other one. The new "rules" are much more relaxed for viewing and loading of the page. Nothing wrong with that. Let's just enjoy the pics here, that's why this started at the first place.
When you upload pics on a sharing site they also require pics to have a max-size. No complains about that, at least not to my notice.
But change is something that some people just don't like, even if it is for the benefit of the "greater good"..

Sep 4, 2007 at 11:48 PM Post #26 of 15,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by archosman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hope you're happy... you got the other thread closed.
mad.gif

If you had any images in the previous thread you recently posted and want them to get some attention, don't hesitate to post them in the new thread.

Sep 5, 2007 at 1:00 AM Post #29 of 15,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrvile /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you had any images in the previous thread you recently posted and want them to get some attention, don't hesitate to post them in the new thread.

No thanks... I'm done.

Sep 5, 2007 at 2:03 AM Post #30 of 15,743
Rav, that first picture is stunning!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back