Post Your Photography Here #2
Sep 3, 2007 at 4:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15,743

Mrvile

Headphoneus Supremus
Post Your Photography Here!

This is a continuation of the first Post Your Photography thread. The original 89-page thread has gotten a bit long, and I wanted to impose a few new rules to keep the thread pages from getting out of hand. Anyone is welcome to show off their own photogaphy; I want these threads to inspire and to teach.

-----

Rules
1. Please limit each post to only FOUR (4) images at a time. If you have more than four images, you can display them in a new post.
2. Please keep any images you post no larger than 800 pixels on the longest side. If an image must be viewed at a larger size (such as a panorama), please use a thumbnail to link the image.
3. Please do not quote other peoples' images. If you want to comment on someone's image, quote them but delete the image URL.

-----

I hope that everyone can be cooperative and ensure that this photo thread becomes as successful as the last one. Discussion is still encouraged, so don't hesitate to ask someone about their images.

Thanks and have fun!

Sep 3, 2007 at 5:00 PM Post #2 of 15,743
I'll start the thread off with some images. I took these at the local botanical garden two days ago.

butterfly9.jpg

butterfly7.jpg

butterfly6.jpg

Sep 3, 2007 at 5:00 PM Post #3 of 15,743
butterfly5.jpg

butterfly8.jpg

mantishand.jpg

Sep 3, 2007 at 5:20 PM Post #7 of 15,743
Botanical garden as well (Chicago)
img3120zc7.jpg

img3212lu6.jpg

img3163vn1.jpg

img3262xb4.jpg

Sep 3, 2007 at 6:06 PM Post #9 of 15,743
This is a crop of a photo taken recently in Maine. We were on a puffin-watching trip and there were all kinds of terns flying overhead. I was messing with manual mode for the first time and was able to set a fairly slow shutter speed under the conditions (1/2000 I believe), so I was able to "freeze" the photo pretty decently. It was taken at ISO 800 so there's noise I didn't bother to touch up, but I did sharpen it somewhat and add a little color. Taken with my Nikon D50 and its 18-55 kit lens (at 55 mm obviously).

DSC_24200001.jpg

I consider it a heck of a lucky shot!

Sep 3, 2007 at 8:03 PM Post #11 of 15,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by mb3k /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Seeing that this is the new photo thread, I'll repost from last night.

Saturday photoshoot.

These are great quality! Do you work as a professional and do you have a website or gallery?

Sep 3, 2007 at 8:24 PM Post #12 of 15,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrvile /img/forum/go_quote.gif
These are great quality! Do you work as a professional and do you have a website or gallery?

Thanks Mrvile, it's quite a lot coming from you. You're also quite the photog!
I'm totally amateur, but I'm involved with a group of photographers that are seeking for experience with studio setups and model direction. Next shoot will be in approx 2 weeks as a Fall Fashion theme.

Right now everything is on my computer... I'm getting used to Flickr and setting up a Gallery2 thing on my site, but it isn't officially up yet.

Sep 3, 2007 at 11:56 PM Post #13 of 15,743
A little abstract...

bokeh4.jpg

Sep 4, 2007 at 3:43 AM Post #15 of 15,743
I dont get the whole "starting new threads" thing. Have there been complaints from dialup members attempting to use this thread or something?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back