Post Your Photography Here #2
Jan 8, 2014 at 1:01 PM Post #11,723 of 15,743
Some snapshots around Manila over the 2013 holidays. Full set here and my favorite shots below:

A popcorn vendor

A facepalm moment when I opened this on my laptop and got a better look at what was actually going on: a family that can't afford a nanny exposing the infant to pollution and statistically higher chances of being in a vehicular accident, and mum leans back as pop goes for her neck. Through all this, religious types here will blame all this on condoms for people's sexual behavior and threaten Liberals with hellfire, instead of conceding that we should encourage people who can't afford children to stop having them with a lot more than a "Jesus doesn't like that! Remember, his mother's a virgin!"

A man stands at the edge with Manila Bay below him

Jan 8, 2014 at 3:01 PM Post #11,724 of 15,743

You spin me round

This old turbine wheel is more than 2 meters tall and was a part of the old mill Hillefors in Stenkullen - Sweden. At first I tried to capture the size of it but after some thinking I went in close to show the lines, texture and dirt.

Jan 9, 2014 at 6:07 PM Post #11,729 of 15,743
No. I have Anak's M9, though. (Still got to get it back to him.) Lovely camera. No need for a manual. The a7r is the opposite. The X-Pro 1 is a bit simpler/more direct to use, but it is the same heap of rubbish design where features come first, not the experience of photographing.

Jan 9, 2014 at 6:21 PM Post #11,730 of 15,743
Finally got around to posting some images from a recent shoot for some friends who recently got engaged. Here are my favorites.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back