Post Your Photography Here #2
May 3, 2011 at 3:30 PM Post #7,861 of 15,770
i23rs3.jpg

Super Takumar 50mm 1.4 @ 1.4, ISO 400.

May 3, 2011 at 7:26 PM Post #7,864 of 15,770

Quote:
Photoshop doesn't really need a plugin anymore for that, it has a quite powerful BW converter tool (based on single color channel tweaking) built into the newer CS versions. 

Photoshopping = sacrilege......  tee hee.

May 3, 2011 at 8:16 PM Post #7,866 of 15,770

Quote:
No need for that discussion.
If you insist, however, I will retort.  

I keep telling my nephew that camera manufacturers spend millions on engineers to make their cameras as automatic as possible with all the different program modes - and he uses his in manual mode.

Photoshop is for those who can't get it right first time. (ONLY JOKING..................!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

p.s. I like your photos.

May 3, 2011 at 9:19 PM Post #7,868 of 15,770
Hehe, that's funny, because I use my camera in manual mode all the time... I used manual when I used a Canon P&S; do you know how annoying it is to dial in exposure parameters on those things?
Yes, I knew you were joking, I couldn't resist. (Really!)

May 3, 2011 at 9:52 PM Post #7,873 of 15,770
Hello Jon,

I just use Photoshop to do it. DFKT is right, you simply need nothing else. All the plugins do just what can be done in Photoshop, but for more money and less time. I have time, but not money!

Also, great work, DFKT.

Quote:
How are you turning your photos B+W?  Just applying "monochrome" filter, or are you using some specialized program to enhance the B+W texture, detail, etc, such as Silver Efex, or Photoshop plugin?

May 3, 2011 at 10:15 PM Post #7,875 of 15,770
I've never quite gotten the hang of auto everything cameras.  My picture taking trailed off significantly after I bought one.  For 15 years or so, I used an OM1.  After the meter died for the 3rd time, I even used a hand held meter for a few years.  I bought a used F3 and after a few years I bought the D100 right after it came out and never got used to it.  I miss the split prism manual focus and depth of field marks on the lens barrel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back