Post Your Photography Here #2
Oct 11, 2009 at 6:50 PM Post #5,701 of 15,765
"Dawn"
nlaa9j.jpg

Oct 11, 2009 at 9:48 PM Post #5,704 of 15,765
Quote:

Originally Posted by limpidglitch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^
Sorry to seem so totally negative and all, but I can't freaking take halos like that

You're not alone.

Oct 11, 2009 at 10:22 PM Post #5,705 of 15,765
It's all about the constructive criticism, and the most effective way to use HDR is to use it to recoup the dynamic range the eye sees but the camera does not.

Yes, the haloing is rather distracting, but it's nothing more than a byproduct of the process and can be fixed.

Oct 12, 2009 at 1:56 AM Post #5,706 of 15,765
thank you sir vagarach and sir skyline889 for the encouraging words.. indeed, part of post process as i noticed those halos appeared or worsen when i resized to "web posting".. to start with the image might have been oversharpen to compensate my shooting through a dirty glass window (wet due to a night downpour).. i could have re-done (pp) the original raw file but ...

anyway, talk about positive criticism and we have some here which are quite encouraging... negative ones too coming from ones whose pictures might just be much ugly than pictures they criticize.. this thread shows several ... no worries, i am not fond of injecting negative comments to poorly done images posted here as i simply enjoy (and even learn) the beautiful aspects of the image if any
biggrin.gif

on topic: through canon ixus p&s digital cam, handheld
2utnm9v.jpg

Oct 12, 2009 at 1:22 PM Post #5,707 of 15,765
I'm sorry, really didn't want to seem like an arse. I've been seeing that kinds of halos everywhere, even in magazines and the papers, leaving me with the impression that it was done intentionally (i still believe it often is) to make certain objects stand out more clearly. Continuously frustrated by what I perceived as down right butchering of otherwise excellent photos, I had to let it out.
I don't mind PP, as long as it improves, or at least not degrade the existing aesthetics of the photo. As it seems like it in your case was unintentional, I'm humbly sorry for my bad tempered comment.

Oct 12, 2009 at 1:32 PM Post #5,708 of 15,765
that clears it sir limpidglitch... no apologies needed... btw, i agree with your observations about intentionally destroying very good images as i've seen numerous samples on our local magazines' covers and inside pictures that were claimed to have been "done with art" yet made the beautiful image displeasing to view... hence, i refused to buy those magazines
icon10.gif

cheers !!!
beerchug.gif

Oct 12, 2009 at 2:05 PM Post #5,709 of 15,765
Quote:

Originally Posted by bass_nut /img/forum/go_quote.gif
that clears it sir limpidglitch... no apologies needed... btw, i agree with your observations about intentionally destroying very good images as i've seen numerous samples on our local magazines' covers and inside pictures that were claimed to have been "done with art" yet made the beautiful image displeasing to view... hence, i refused to buy those magazines
icon10.gif

cheers !!!
beerchug.gif

Good to know that I'm not the only one to react like that.
regular_smile .gif

Oct 13, 2009 at 3:26 PM Post #5,711 of 15,765
^ WOW! Sure looks good...
biggrin.gif

Would love to open the throttle on the V4 down that road.

Oct 13, 2009 at 3:27 PM Post #5,712 of 15,765
^ WOW! Sure looks good...
biggrin.gif

Would love to open the throttle on the V4 down that road.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back