Post Your Photography Here #2
Sep 15, 2009 at 10:11 PM Post #5,596 of 15,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by grawk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I like the border

metoo :.I'm in the post processing camp too
smily_headphones1.gif

IMO ,it shd be left to the original creator what he /she wants ,but yes suggestions are welcomed too
wink.gif

peace!!

Sep 16, 2009 at 12:39 AM Post #5,598 of 15,743
Like I said before it should be left on the creator .Others should only give suggestions ,but should not pressurise to do this or that
smily_headphones1.gif

I find it little rude(felt offended ) because I was asked previously as well(few weeks back ).I know ,I have lot of things to learn and ready to learn whatever it takes.Suggestions are welcomed all the way too,but no Persuasion
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 16, 2009 at 2:51 AM Post #5,599 of 15,743
Your border is rather nicely done, people usually add them in and the end result does no good at all for the actual photo.

I find that using a border helps add uniformity to a gallery view on say a personal website or portfolio site, but for posting on here, there's no need to go through the extra steps.

Sep 16, 2009 at 4:53 AM Post #5,600 of 15,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by stuge(original) /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Like I said before it should be left on the creator .Others should only give suggestions ,but should not pressurise to do this or that
smily_headphones1.gif

I find it little rude(felt offended ) because I was asked previously as well(few weeks back ).I know ,I have lot of things to learn and ready to learn whatever it takes.Suggestions are welcomed all the way too,but no Persuasion
smily_headphones1.gif

I also use borders. Nothing wrong with it.
Maybe one of these days I will post another photo with borders as well.
biggrin.gif

By the way, Stuge, what lens did you use for the flower picture?
Please don't tell me it's Canon 50mm 1.8

Sep 16, 2009 at 8:22 AM Post #5,601 of 15,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by vagarach /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Your border is rather nicely done, people usually add them in and the end result does no good at all for the actual photo.

I find that using a border helps add uniformity to a gallery view on say a personal website or portfolio site, but for posting on here, there's no need to go through the extra steps.

thanks buddy .
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by dj_mocok /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I also use borders. Nothing wrong with it.
Maybe one of these days I will post another photo with borders as well.
biggrin.gif

By the way, Stuge, what lens did you use for the flower picture?
Please don't tell me it's Canon 50mm 1.8

Well,the first picture is taken with my Canon Point and shoot (IXUS950IS) .Though ,second one is taken with Nikon DSLR
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 16, 2009 at 12:30 PM Post #5,602 of 15,743
Quote:

thanks buddy .
smily_headphones1.gif

Well,the first picture is taken with my Canon Point and shoot (IXUS950IS) .Though ,second one is taken with Nikon DSLR
smily_headphones1.gif

Wow, I actually think the flower picture is very very nice.

Sep 16, 2009 at 10:02 PM Post #5,604 of 15,743
Quote:

smily_headphones1.gif

Sorry if you took my post as pressuring.
Most people I see who add fancy borders to their pictures do so to try and make their pictures look better as if they know their pictures are not good enough without the border.

When I said your pictures don't need borders, I meant your photos are plenty good enough that they can stand on their own without the need for a border to try and make them look better.

Personally, I think your photos would look better without a border........ but that's just my own personal preference.
^_^

Sep 16, 2009 at 10:46 PM Post #5,606 of 15,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by Towert7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry if you took my post as pressuring.
Most people I see who add fancy borders to their pictures do so to try and make their pictures look better as if they know their pictures are not good enough without the border.

When I said your pictures don't need borders, I meant your photos are plenty good enough that they can stand on their own without the need for a border to try and make them look better.

Personally, I think your photos would look better without a border........ but that's just my own personal preference.
^_^

By this logic, you mean people put frames around pictures to cover up how bad the pictures are? Do people buy paintings for the framing portion? I think not..

Framing and borders are meant to set the set apart from it's surroundings. Think of borders as drawing the viewers eyes into the photo. I think borders are a great idea. I think most people who know how to use them, do so to set their pictures apart, not try to make them appear better than they are.

atsmile.gif

Sep 16, 2009 at 10:48 PM Post #5,607 of 15,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by mr_baseball_08 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
By this logic, you mean people put frames around pictures to cover up how bad the pictures are? Do people buy paintings for the framing portion? I think not..

Framing and borders are meant to set the set apart from it's surroundings. Think of borders as drawing the viewers eyes into the photo. I think borders are a great idea. I think most people who know how to use them, do so to set their pictures apart, not try to make them appear better than they are.

atsmile.gif

Your right.

Sep 16, 2009 at 10:51 PM Post #5,608 of 15,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by mr_baseball_08 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

its like jamming the eyeballs towards a particular focus :
atsmile.gif
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back