Post Your Photography Here #2
May 29, 2009 at 11:10 PM Post #4,892 of 15,759
I might be a little picky, but several pixels drop out on long exposures, and I'm not comfortable shooting at anything above ISO200, due to noise. It's still in good working condition, though, and performs well under the right circumstances. I'm sure it will receive a lot of love from my sister, as soon as I find money for a replacement.
DSLRs are relatively tough. The shutter will of course be worn out by many many exposures, but thats repairable.
They're tough, but nothing close to the metallic shutter SLRs of the '70s, 20 years from now, they will still be working, but todays DSLRs will not.

May 29, 2009 at 11:27 PM Post #4,893 of 15,759
Quote:

Originally Posted by limpidglitch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Beautiful Towert7, I'll get around to do the paypal thing very soon
wink.gif

Actually, those pictures are of a different headphone stand (but they do look quite similar).

That bug is so strange! I have never seen one.

May 30, 2009 at 12:57 AM Post #4,894 of 15,759
Quote:

Originally Posted by limpidglitch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice one beerguy. Weevils are really fun to shoot, they look pretty interesting/odd and move pretty slowly. They're a dream in many ways compared to, say ants.

The Hylobius abietis usually get about a centimeter long, I think mine were a bit larger, maybe around 1.2cm, so a real monster compared to yours.

My lens is a Canon MP-E 65mm, body is a 350D on its last legs.

The MP-E 65 would have been my first guess. Do you use yours handheld, or do you use a tripod? Flash? I know a lot of people use this lens handheld with flash. I'm more of a tripod kind of guy, though.

May 30, 2009 at 1:19 AM Post #4,895 of 15,759
Those two shots were handheld, no flash, but I've got a MT-24EX for low light situation.
I use it occasionally with a tripod too, but I find it cumbersome. I've got one of those 'macro-slides' for doing precise focusing, it helps a lot, but I don't bother to take it along with me outside.
Most of the things I shoot is on ground level any way, so it's easy to find something to rest my hand on. That's what I did on the pictures above, the lens rested in my palm, which in turn rested on a big root.

May 30, 2009 at 2:52 PM Post #4,896 of 15,759
Love the weevil shots
smily_headphones1.gif

This photo was processed to resemble color pictures made with the early 20th century Lumiere Autochrome color process. There is a huge collection of very early color photographs from all around the world at the Musée Albert-Kahn near Paris, commisioned by the French pacifist industrialist and internationalist Albert Kahn that used this process.
7538720_a58ebe835b_o.jpg

May 30, 2009 at 5:14 PM Post #4,898 of 15,759
Quote:

Originally Posted by raptor84 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
@towert7
I'll be looking at a similar sea of hats soon heh..

And will you be wearing a hat, or watching?

May 31, 2009 at 3:28 AM Post #4,902 of 15,759
Quote:

Originally Posted by raptor84 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll be photographing for my friend and wearing the hat too
smily_headphones1.gif
We have ceremonies on different days.

Ah, well congratulations! That should be a lot of fun.

May 31, 2009 at 8:33 PM Post #4,904 of 15,759
Quote:

Originally Posted by Agnostic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Love the weevil shots
smily_headphones1.gif

This photo was processed to resemble color pictures made with the early 20th century Lumiere Autochrome color process. There is a huge collection of very early color photographs from all around the world at the Musée Albert-Kahn near Paris, commisioned by the French pacifist industrialist and internationalist Albert Kahn that used this process.
7538720_a58ebe835b_o.jpg

I like that photo except the contrails from the jet should be photoshopped out as it is distracting and does not suit the mood of the photo.

May 31, 2009 at 9:03 PM Post #4,905 of 15,759
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkweg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I like that photo except the contrails from the jet should be photoshopped out as it is distracting and does not suit the mood of the photo.

Thanks for the comment. The opinions are divided on that. some people tell me exactly the opposite, that it makes the shot. Personally I like it, I think lends a nice contrast in the subject matter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back