Post Your Photography Here #2
Dec 11, 2008 at 6:38 AM Post #3,586 of 15,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkpowder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
devwild, that's one heck of a fancy attachment on your G9!

That's actually not my G9, but another flickr member's. It's pretty insane. He has one of the kleptography grips on one side, with a DIY grip (the wooden one) on the other. Also, he has a modified screen magnifier/shield on the back that serves both to help with eyesight issues, and for screen privacy. Finally, in that photo he has on the aluminum adapter ring and fisheye adapter... which he let me try on my own G9:

You can't get much more dedicated to a point and shoot camera than that.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 11, 2008 at 10:23 PM Post #3,588 of 15,743
Thanks!
smily_headphones1.gif

1500587513_a2916744a3_o.jpg

Dec 11, 2008 at 10:30 PM Post #3,589 of 15,743
Why the unnecessarily large borders smuh?
Let the picture speak for itself.

Dec 12, 2008 at 12:17 PM Post #3,593 of 15,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by Towert7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why the unnecessarily large borders smuh?
Let the picture speak for itself.

Thats the way I print them and the "borders" are what I use as a mat. Makes live easier as I do not like cutting mats myself...

And to be honest, I find them quite necessary if you see the difference between framed+mat and framed+no mat. But I must admit, due to the white background color (here on head-fi) it does not really look better adding the "borders".

Dec 12, 2008 at 2:00 PM Post #3,594 of 15,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by smuh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thats the way I print them and the "borders" are what I use as a mat. Makes live easier as I do not like cutting mats myself...

And to be honest, I find them quite necessary if you see the difference between framed+mat and framed+no mat. But I must admit, due to the white background color (here on head-fi) it does not really look better adding the "borders".

Ah, I see.
I've never seen that done before.

Dec 12, 2008 at 2:48 PM Post #3,595 of 15,743
Quote:

Ah, I see.
I've never seen that done before.

Yeah, I worked as a sort of apprentice to a pro photog, and many times, for his 'fine art' side photography, he'd always do a nice frame like this. When done properly, with appropriately placed pinstripes and photographer watermark, it makes a really nice effect.

Dec 13, 2008 at 6:45 AM Post #3,599 of 15,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by mr_baseball_08 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You kinda suck at making fun of people.
smily_headphones1.gif

A "critic" is a man who creates nothing and thereby feels qualified to judge the work of creative men. There is logic in this; he is unbiased — he hates all creative people equally. ~Robert A. Heinlein

I think that about sums you up mr_baseball.

Don't listen to him DJ, he's always unhappy.

Dec 13, 2008 at 7:04 AM Post #3,600 of 15,743
Quote:

A "critic" is a man who creates nothing and thereby feels qualified to judge the work of creative men. There is logic in this; he is unbiased — he hates all creative people equally. ~Robert A. Heinlein

I think that about sums you up mr_baseball.

Don't listen to him DJ, he's always unhappy.

I actually am happy. I guess you missed the smiley at the end.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apparently you missed the joke.. It's quite obvious he's making fun of the guy with the white borders. Finals are over (for me at least), lighten up.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back