1.jpg

nameplate of doom
2.jpg

like a dusty old jukebox
3.jpg

that spaceship thing from star trek 3:whales 'R' us
4.jpg

May 20, 2005 at 12:35 AM Post #79 of 95
Hope this is ok, if there's any problem or a moderator takes it out I understand. I will only say, I do love all animals, but there are two exceptions: cockroaches and mosquitos. I squashed this mosquito in my bathroom, and I'm almost certain that was my blood, since I had been bitten just minutes before. The sharpness is not so great because I used my Canon Powershot G3 together with an external macro addon lens that belongs to an Olympus Camedia. It was difficult to remain steady holding them together with my hands while taking the pic without a tripod.
1582myblood-med.jpg

Click here for the full size version

Submitted a very similar pic recently in photo.net, that one taken without the external addon. Six people rated its originality 5.33 / 7, but aesthetics no surprise: 3.67 / 7
tongue.gif

http://www.photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=3343655

Dec 14, 2009 at 2:57 PM Post #86 of 95
the frog is awesome
smily_headphones1.gif

551314968_SoFej-XL.jpg

530884612_WZPgU-XL-1.jpg

I'm hoping to be the recipient of some extension tubes or a macro rail for Christmas.

Dec 15, 2009 at 3:58 AM Post #88 of 95
True, but I don't want to be greedy. Great shot BTW, a little freaky.

Dec 15, 2009 at 4:54 AM Post #89 of 95
Great shot of the spider Zodduska, you can even see the pollen on it's back. It's a lot of fun scouring plants for insects, and once found a quick finger to snap the shot while it's in focus.

Thats an insanely close bug limpidglitch, what is it exactly.. a fly of some sorts? Also what lens did you use and was it alive?

_MG_2153.jpg

Dec 15, 2009 at 11:05 AM Post #90 of 95
It was this little bugger, and it sure was alive, it even tried to attack me a couple of times.
I'm glad nobody heard those helpless yelps, but looking at that ugly thing through the viewfinder and suddenly having it jump at you can be awfully frightening.

IMG_7015-1.jpg

I'm not completely sure about what it is, and I don't have the right literature at hand to find it out.
The lens was was my trusty Canon MP-E 65.

Your spider look like it's taken straight from a horror movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back