Post your ksc-75 mods here
May 10, 2006 at 4:43 AM Post #16 of 23
Check Signature
biggrin.gif

Mar 5, 2013 at 2:36 AM Post #17 of 23
Quote:
dsc014727ym.jpg

Used a pair of cheap Coby foldables ($3 at the drugstore) for the headband. After I ripped out their drivers, there was a little cup left to fit in the Koss brackets. Obviously, I had to chop them off of the earclips which was a bit tough with just an exacto. Again, secured with hot glue (tons this time
eek.gif
). After that, you can just pop the drivers in like regular clips.

Do you know if all cheap headphones in the sub10 dollar range will have these hinges inside the housing?

Mar 5, 2013 at 4:12 AM Post #18 of 23
Quote:
Do you know if all cheap headphones in the sub10 dollar range will have these hinges inside the housing?

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?partnumber=240-015

^ The original "KSC75 headband mod" headband source. Just scroll down to read all those comments lol.

You could probably find it on amazon / ebay instead of the parts-express site too, if buying from there is inconvenient.

Aug 29, 2013 at 11:12 AM Post #19 of 23
Hey guys sorry if I'm reviving this thread or anything, but I'm having quite alot of trouble trying to open these up, can anyone help me as the kramer thread's pictures don't seem to exist anymore

Aug 29, 2013 at 11:37 AM Post #20 of 23
It is much better to bump an old thread than start new. It shows you tried to find something before just randomly begging someone else to google for you... worth a lot really. 

Anyways:
You can only open them up so far. 

The grills under the pads pry off, and the little covers over the cable also pry off. I don't think they can be opened further than that. 

If you are familiar with plastic snap together parts it helps with not breaking things, but just start off gently and GRADUALLY work your way up from there and you should be fine. 

I always broke the little covers over the cable entry despite my best efforts, just glue them back when you are done... Seriously. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back