Post your favourite 80s music videos, any genre
Sep 15, 2015 at 8:19 AM Post #78 of 496

I just heard this song for the first time - unusual video.

Not wanting to be a party pooper, but Beautiful is off Afraid of Sunlight - mid 90s dude. Gotta stick to Fish-era Marillion for the 80s really... good idea to stick with Fish-era Marillion anyway IMO 
tongue_smile.gif

Sep 15, 2015 at 9:09 AM Post #80 of 496
Yeah @Light - Man...get with the program....losing your touch...joking joking...lol

You know me bro - me only ever had a touch of the touch and a touch of grey hair in my early 20's

BONEY M - Brown girl in the ring (1987) HD and HQ

Sep 19, 2015 at 8:23 AM Post #88 of 496
Cool. Will check it out later on. Wasn't actually introduced to Sylvian until around 2010/2011. His Victim of Stars compilation album does me something right I tell ya. Right now I'm listening to Taking the Veil. I said g'dmn! Sonic blissters in the best possible way.

Sep 19, 2015 at 8:41 AM Post #89 of 496
  Cool. Will check it out later on. Wasn't actually introduced to Sylvian until around 2010/2011. His Victim of Stars compilation album does me something right I tell ya. Right now I'm listening to Taking the Veil. I said g'dmn! Sonic blissters in the best possible way.

Fascinating artist - my friend introduced me to Japan through a compilation tape he put together and that's where I first heard of Sylvian. One of my favourites is his collaboration with Holger Czukay (from Can), Plight & Premonition. If you're at all into dark ambient, it's worth checking. Since it's from the late 80s, I'll post an excerpt here, although it doesn't exactly fit the mood of the thread
tongue_smile.gif
:

Sep 19, 2015 at 3:29 PM Post #90 of 496
I must admit that I prefer Japan and YMO to either of their solo efforts, although both of them have done some pretty interesting collaborations, like Sylvian's with Czukay and Roger Fripp, and Sakamoto's with Fennesz and Alva Noto.

And à propos japan:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back