Post your dream car(s).
Apr 5, 2006 at 6:03 AM Post #107 of 161
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oistrakh
whats people's obsession with old and vintage cars?

1) Even though they may look "cool" on the outside, the interiors are often uncomfortable and gross
2) They need to be maintained more
3) Don't have many advanced safety features...
4) etc...

I never owned a vintage car, but my freind used to have a 1978 trans-am and he would let me take it out once in a while.

Man there is just nothing like the feeling of over 400+ HP at your foot
very_evil_smiley.gif
This car had a high end cam, so was kinda sluggish light to light, but on the highway I never seen anything this sick in my life....You could be going 65 (was a 4-speed) and actually put the thing back into second, but you better hold on tight!!! I only did that a few times and every time it scared the hell out of me, it would actually grab rubber and just shoot to over 120 in no time... it was just sick, last time I tried that it threw me back so hard in the seat it broke one of the seat bolts!!! But to Hear that 400CUI motor with its 750CFM 4 Barrel carburetor, straight piped from the headers
very_evil_smiley.gif
Man I would do anything to own a car like that.

Those were cars IMHO, these lil hopped up 4 bangers that everyone has now...You know them
wink.gif
they have the 15' carrying handle err sorry "Spoilers" and crappy exhaust ...sounds like a ticked off swarm of bees not a car by anymeans, O and they have to be lowered to the point they are undrivable....It's so annoying
very_evil_smiley.gif

Apr 23, 2006 at 4:38 AM Post #108 of 161
At 22, I've had a pretty cool car history so far.

Started with a '91 Saab 900 non-turbo, then a '93 9000 Aero, then I got an '89 BMW E34 M5 (Euro-import, we got them here in North America between '91 and '93), and now I have a '90 Alpina B11 3.5, also a Euro import. All with manual transmissions, thank you very much!

The Aero and M5 were dream cars. The car which I figured had to be the be-all and end-all of human existence for me was the Alpina B10 BiTurbo, until I finally got to drive one... no longer. I want an E34 M5 touring wagon now. I really miss my M5.

So, an E34 M5 touring is a dream car, as well as an E31 850CSi, but the ultimate is a McLaren F1. Yeah, sure it's been eclipsed by newer supercars in multiple categories, most notably the Bugatti Veyron, but for me it's still the ultimate - BMW V12 normally aspirated power, main masses in the center of the vehicle, and the wheels at the corners. The ultimate layout. And what an engine...

I'd also like to own an M Coupe (with the later S54 engine!) and an E36 M3 with the later S50b32 euro-only engine.

I guess I'm a bit of a BMW nut.

--jeff

Apr 23, 2006 at 5:05 AM Post #109 of 161
Alpine GTA tbh.

gtamillemiles-ouverture.jpg

(that is to say, picking something not out with the realms of medium term future possibility)

Apr 23, 2006 at 9:20 AM Post #111 of 161
This car, maxed out, lightweight, zero luxury, and housing a 20B triple rotor engine:
rotus.jpg

The grille is kind of funny, and the headlights are a bit in the way, so I'd do it more like this, but with those blacked out headlights that do a very bright, very solid yellow, with white HID fog lights in a [00] configuration:
RedRacer.jpg

Ahhh... the Caterham Super 7 is truly a thing of beauty
smily_headphones1.gif
If I were a Lupin III type bad boy, this is the ride I'd be going places in...

580smile.gif
Abe

Apr 23, 2006 at 9:44 AM Post #112 of 161
My dream car turned out to be a Porsche Cayenne Turbo. I'm driving it!
biggrin.gif

I've got 1800 miles on it so far.
450hp/460 ft/lbs. torque. I love this monster!
123586273_7ade8034a8_b.jpg

123573843_a4ee01baa1_b.jpg

123576999_57fba1f32a_b.jpg

k1000smile.gif
Click here for a slide show
k1000smile.gif

Apr 23, 2006 at 7:28 PM Post #116 of 161
Quote:

Originally Posted by seeberg
This car, maxed out, lightweight, zero luxury, and housing a 20B triple rotor engine:

The grille is kind of funny, and the headlights are a bit in the way, so I'd do it more like this, but with those blacked out headlights that do a very bright, very solid yellow, with white HID fog lights in a [00] configuration:

Ahhh... the Caterham Super 7 is truly a thing of beauty
smily_headphones1.gif
If I were a Lupin III type bad boy, this is the ride I'd be going places in...

580smile.gif
Abe

Why not go with the Donkervoort? A Super7 on steriods.
donkervoort-d8e-002.jpg

20_42c3f500f10b8.jpg

Apr 23, 2006 at 7:50 PM Post #119 of 161
Used to be a Lotus Seven that went around Southern California with a Mercury (Outboard) Six Cylinder Twostroke Monster in it, with expansion chambers sticking out the side, Think the fellow driving it said the mill complete with chambers weighed just over two hundred pounds...lighter than nearly anything else you could stick in it...he won Gymkhanas wherever he went. He said just over 500 HP, and had the dyno slips to show...

No Starter, no alternator, just a small motorcycle battery to run a waterpump/radiator fan, and only a single brakelight...had a magneto for spark.

This was in 1980 or so...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back