Post your desktop!
Feb 1, 2012 at 2:02 AM Post #1,802 of 2,274

Quote:
Marisa's tie is red, not black.

Also, her hat ribbon is pink, not white.

As of Ten Desires, at least. IaMP Marisa's hat ribbon is more purple, and her braid is on the left (her right), and it's tied with a white bow. IN Marisa has the red bow, but it's also on her right. PoFV Marisa has only four buttons on her vest, and both her ribbon/bow are purple.

SA Marisa is blue-white, not black-white.

EoSD Marisa has no vest, and bloomers down to almost her ankles.

In fact, as far as I know, there is no official image of Marisa that looks exactly like the Marisa in your wallpaper. The closest there is is SWR Marisa, who is dangerously similar; the only difference is her hair bow is white, not red. Oh, and no tie around her neck.

Reimu's ascot is supposed to have a white frill on the bottom edge.

Reimu's sleeves also have a bow on the bottom edge, not just the upper (although in the case of your wallpaper, it just may be obscured by being on the side that doesn't face the viewer; although, IaMP Reimu's sleeves have synchronous bows), unless it's IN Reimu. EoSD and PCB Reimu has no stitching on the bottom edge of her sleeves, while TD Reimu has no stitching on the upper edge. MoF and UFO Reimu's sleeves have a bow on the bottom edge but not the upper. SA Reimu has no bows on her sleeves at all.

PoFV and SA Reimu has a blue ascot, not yellow.

Your wallpaper Reimu is closest to SWR Reimu, except that SWR Reimu has white stitching on the bottom edge of her ascot, and her top is entirely different (vertical white stitching down the sides, and it looks like a single piece of cloth with her dress/skirt, whereas your wallpaper Reimu has a discrete top and bottom).

The PC98 versions of Reimu and Marisa look nothing like in your wallpaper.

Basically, you're going to have to say which game the image is from, before I can really narrow it down to "the" error.

-- Griffinhart

Well, I was way off.

Feb 1, 2012 at 7:30 AM Post #1,803 of 2,274
Raw Kopi Luwak coffee beans:

"The individual beans are naturally glued together in the stomach of the Luwak, there is no artificial adhesive involved, yet kopi luwak collected in this fashion appears remarkably clean and is completely odour free."

Feb 1, 2012 at 12:27 PM Post #1,804 of 2,274

Quote:
Raw Kopi Luwak coffee beans:

"The individual beans are naturally glued together in the stomach of the Luwak, there is no artificial adhesive involved, yet kopi luwak collected in this fashion appears remarkably clean and is completely odour free."

I think I just threw up...

Its a regular kona bean.

Not as fun as others...but hey...

Feb 1, 2012 at 2:01 PM Post #1,806 of 2,274
Isn't some gormet coffee beans collected from the feces of monkeys?

Feb 1, 2012 at 5:13 PM Post #1,808 of 2,274

Quote:
Yeah, kopi luwak (what everyone upthread is talking about). Although, it's not monkeys, it's civets.

-- Griffinhart

Oh okay, I assumed it was some type of bird.

Feb 1, 2012 at 11:56 PM Post #1,812 of 2,274
[Those who do not know about Touhou Project might not care about this post very much]

Quote:

Is it this?

Wow that's definitely a purposeless line flying in the air, good job! It wasn't the error I had in mind though!

I first thought you added this line with paint, but I just clicked "Show desktop" and dang, you were keen enough to point it out.

Griffinhart surely looks keen enough trying to associate my wallpaper to one of the many inconsistent outfits and skin colors, hair lengths and accessories of the two protagonists changing from every original games to games.

But really who likes the non doujin artwork and non rearranged music of the original games?!?!?!?! : Me, but I don't want my wallpaper to look like something like this :

Everyone knows real Touhou characters are dolls that don't have feet.

If I would have wanted fidelity and correspondence with the games themselves I would have put a semi-boring Tasogare/Twilight Frontier inspired wallpaper like this one:

You know what, the Reimu of my wallpaper is modeled after the Reimu of the Touhou anime!

teaah!

No actually the error wasn't IN THE BACKGROUND ITSELF, it was inherent to the fact that the screenshot's .png image file (ready to be uploaded) was on my desktop at the moment I took the actual screenshot! I bet zero dollars you can find how I did it.

Griffinhart can you name all the discrepancies of this image? :)

talking about horse apples..

Feb 2, 2012 at 12:58 AM Post #1,813 of 2,274
Quote:

Well, it's a pony for one 
biggrin.gif

Feb 2, 2012 at 1:39 PM Post #1,815 of 2,274
ZUN art is best art, I dunno what you're talking about. :p

>I bet zero dollars you can find how I did it.
I don't know if this is the way you did it, but I would've just made the screenshot, saved it on the desktop, taken a second screenshot with the first saved on the desktop, and saved over the first.

>Ponyrisa
Oh hey, eva-st-clare. Haven't seen that one in a while.

-- Griffinhart

Users who are viewing this thread

Back