Post your computer specs!~
Jul 26, 2013 at 11:23 AM Post #1,879 of 3,098
Well, if all games runs on OpenGL, I I will use my ubuntu more often~~~
Truth is, they don't.

So I am stuck with windows and DX11~~~

Anyone have good cooler recons? My H100's fan controller is dead~~~~~~~

Jul 26, 2013 at 12:30 PM Post #1,881 of 3,098
Quote:

Why not just run the fans off a PWM header on the mobo?

This is what I did, but just for short time. I need something that has fan control over temperature. I use to use corsair link, but I think the native CPU fan controller also works fine to me.

You know as a noobie headfier that have only been here for less than 2 years, I do own some open head phones that require some quiet listening. As I play music on my PC, I think even I turn off half of the fan, my PC will still be cool~~~~

Jul 27, 2013 at 12:52 PM Post #1,882 of 3,098
Quote:
This is what I did, but just for short time. I need something that has fan control over temperature. I use to use corsair link, but I think the native CPU fan controller also works fine to me.

You know as a noobie headfier that have only been here for less than 2 years, I do own some open head phones that require some quiet listening. As I play music on my PC, I think even I turn off half of the fan, my PC will still be cool~~~~

If it is a PWM header you can make your own noise profile in the BIOS based on the temp of the CPU, what motherboard do you have?

I can help you set it up if you aren't familiar with that.

Jul 27, 2013 at 3:14 PM Post #1,883 of 3,098
Quote:

If it is a PWM header you can make your own noise profile in the BIOS based on the temp of the CPU, what motherboard do you have?

I can help you set it up if you aren't familiar with that.

Thank, I have ASUS Formula III (X58)

I believe my PWM has 2 extra header for the temperature sensor so the fan profile will be using the reading on that sensor.
Only the Qfan control is linked to the NB or CPU I think.

Besides, I do have a internal fan controller, so if I spend some time, I believe I can use the fan controller to get it work. But, I think it is time to give my CPU cooler an update since the H100 seems to be a little bit problematic.

P.S.
I have the corsair AF series fans which only have 3 pin controllers. So I believe it is been controlled by voltage/current other than PWM pules. Not sure the PWM header will work in my case~~~

Jul 28, 2013 at 9:22 AM Post #1,884 of 3,098
Quote:
Thank, I have ASUS Formula III (X58)

I believe my PWM has 2 extra header for the temperature sensor so the fan profile will be using the reading on that sensor.
Only the Qfan control is linked to the NB or CPU I think.

Besides, I do have a internal fan controller, so if I spend some time, I believe I can use the fan controller to get it work. But, I think it is time to give my CPU cooler an update since the H100 seems to be a little bit problematic.

P.S.
I have the corsair AF series fans which only have 3 pin controllers. So I believe it is been controlled by voltage/current other than PWM pules. Not sure the PWM header will work in my case~~~

Rampage III Formula will be able to adjust voltages on the fan headers from 4.4v to 12.1v so if you can't make the BIOS Q-Fan work you could try Asus' program called TurboV Evo and use the Fan Xpert tab within the program.

Not saying you can't get a new cooler (I for one, hate the "all in one" "water" coolers) but just trying to help you avoid spending cash if you don't have to :)

Jul 28, 2013 at 11:59 AM Post #1,885 of 3,098
Rampage III Formula will be able to adjust voltages on the fan headers from 4.4v to 12.1v so if you can't make the BIOS Q-Fan work you could try Asus' program called TurboV Evo and use the Fan Xpert tab within the program.

Not saying you can't get a new cooler (I for one, hate the "all in one" "water" coolers) but just trying to help you avoid spending cash if you don't have to :)

Well, for now, this is what I use.But I think sooner or late my pump will break, and I need something to cool my 4.2ghz six cores......

I really want to go custom cooling, but not on my old pc, gonna wait till new extremes come out.

Thanks for your help though, much appreciated

Jul 28, 2013 at 3:43 PM Post #1,886 of 3,098
Quote:
Well, for now, this is what I use.But I think sooner or late my pump will break, and I need something to cool my 4.2ghz six cores......

I really want to go custom cooling, but not on my old pc, gonna wait till new extremes come out.

Thanks for your help though, much appreciated

No problem, shoot me a PM if you need any assistance putting together your first real loop.  I keep up to date on the stuff coming out and have probably done 200-250 loops so I can help steer you clear from any issues :wink:

Sep 8, 2013 at 2:22 PM Post #1,887 of 3,098
Newest addition to the computer systemss.

PowerBook G4 12" 867MHz 640mb RAM 80gb hard drive. Plan to upgrade to 1gb RAM. Works great as a portable for work spreadsheets and what not. Running Tiger.

Its my first mac that I have owned that can run X decently, and I'm absolutely loving it!

Sep 8, 2013 at 2:42 PM Post #1,889 of 3,098
Desktop
Intel Core i7 4770K
MSI gaming Z78 GD-65
Corsair Vengeance LP (8gb)
2X ASUS GTX 680 in SLI
640GB WD caviar Black
128gb Samsung 840 Pro SSD
Samsung 27' 1920X1080 

Laptop
Alienware 17 
Intel Core i7 4930MX
16GB Ram
Some kind of 256 gb SSD (installed by alienware)
Some kind of 1tb HDD (installed by alienware)
Nvidia GTX 780m 4GB
17' 1920x1080 IPS display 120 HZ Nvidia 3d Vision capable 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back