Post your computer specs!~
Feb 18, 2013 at 7:29 PM Post #1,787 of 3,094
Quote:
how much is a decent water cooling kit nowadays? everyone seems to use it in this generation xD

Depends, with DangerDen closed down for good and most of their stock cleared at crazy prices, prices from other company's are slightly higher when both products are compared spec to spec wise. Not to mention how fancy do you want your w/c to be, any dyes to be included, how many loops you're running to whether just the CPU or to 1 or multiple gfx cards or RAM. Besides AIO cooling units a custom w/c for 1 CPU and Gfx card and a dual mount rad it's about $250 or so. Though if you're going for AIO w/cing units their are not really worth it as the best air cooler still outperforms the best AIO w/cooler. D14 > H100 and the D14 run's alot more quieter as well.

Feb 18, 2013 at 8:21 PM Post #1,788 of 3,094
i plan before on getting my rig watercooled but i dont have a budget that time. i only plan on cooling my CPU (2500k) and GPU (gtx660). maybe my case may be the cause for getting somewhat high temps for my specs (if OC'd, otherwise, its not) due to the lack of airflow and my ambient temp here is somewhat warm, but i like the looks of my case so i dont want to change it. so i plan on using watercooled system again in he future.

any brands to note for ? i really dont have any idea when it comes to water cooling, i always do aircooling for my previous rigs until now. also, i dont do extreme OCing but i just want my GPU and CPU cool enough not to damage it specially summer is coming in our country soon! 30-37C ambient temps everyday!

Feb 18, 2013 at 8:41 PM Post #1,789 of 3,094
Quote:
i plan before on getting my rig watercooled but i dont have a budget that time. i only plan on cooling my CPU (2500k) and GPU (gtx660). maybe my case may be the cause for getting somewhat high temps for my specs (if OC'd, otherwise, its not) due to the lack of airflow and my ambient temp here is somewhat warm, but i like the looks of my case so i dont want to change it. so i plan on using watercooled system again in he future.

any brands to note for ? i really dont have any idea when it comes to water cooling, i always do aircooling for my previous rigs until now. also, i dont do extreme OCing but i just want my GPU and CPU cool enough not to damage it specially summer is coming in our country soon! 30-37C ambient temps everyday!

I like EK, Swifttech and Watercool. Most of the block perform within a few degrees anyway, just pick one with nice looks and easy setup.
For pumps, you can't go wrong with a Laing D5 or DDC(which are also sold by other manufacturers with their name, like the Brainwavz HM5).

Distilled water and a corrosion inhibitor is a cheap coolant. Add a dye for colour. Mayhems coolants are the best looking.

I prefer compression fittings.

The sky is the limit if you want a really, really pretty setup though.

Feb 18, 2013 at 8:55 PM Post #1,790 of 3,094
thanks for the info!

a simple setup will do since my sidepanels are closed anyway. heck, im not even fond of LED lights! xD

i just want mine to look good on the outside, and look even better on the inside
L3000.gif

Feb 18, 2013 at 9:02 PM Post #1,791 of 3,094
Quote:
thanks for the info!

a simple setup will do since my sidepanels are closed anyway. heck, im not even fond of LED lights! xD

i just want mine to look good on the outside, and look even better on the inside
L3000.gif

You'll want to be really picky with cable management then. Good cable management can turn a mess of a build into a very attractive build.

Feb 19, 2013 at 11:06 AM Post #1,792 of 3,094
Quote:
Had to replace the EK DCP pump in my loop yesterday since it was dying. New Laing DDC is much better. Also used a bay reservoir.
The tube routing is funky so I might revisit the loop with some 90 degree fittings in a month or so.

The new semi-translucent white tubing looks an absolute treat. Much nicer than the old clear tubing, imo.#

That's a very nice looking rig Tangster. Love the tube color...
I started my cable management last night. It's a thing of beauty I tell ya. The mountain mods case definitely makes you flex your cable management creativity muscles.
I'll get some pics up to show what I mean, but at this point I'm at a stand still until Sat. when my Bitfenix Alchemy cables come in...

Feb 19, 2013 at 11:32 AM Post #1,793 of 3,094
Quote:
That's a very nice looking rig Tangster. Love the tube color...
I started my cable management last night. It's a thing of beauty I tell ya. The mountain mods case definitely makes you flex your cable management creativity muscles.
I'll get some pics up to show what I mean, but at this point I'm at a stand still until Sat. when my Bitfenix Alchemy cables come in...

If there was a thing I wish the raven did better, it'd be cable management. Not enough built in clips on the back(the rear of mine is liberally dotted with stick on cable clips to compensate) and the rotated motherboard makes things extra awkward, extra cm or two of room wouldn't go amiss either since my SSDs are stuck to the rear of the tray. More space for watercooling would also be nice, but it is supposed to be an air cooling case, so I can let that go.

Feb 22, 2013 at 12:36 PM Post #1,794 of 3,094
Well I got this thing up and running last night. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh it's awesome!!!
1st SLI and multi monitor setup I've built. It's a beast :)
I only messed around with it for and hour so I haven't put it through it's paces yet(no OC yet), but so far so good.
I'll get pics up when my new cables come in tomorrow....

Feb 23, 2013 at 2:16 PM Post #1,795 of 3,094
Updated my rig last sunday, but never had the opportunity to post it until now... has been a pretty busy week for me.

I think this is my first time posting here on this thread so here are my specs:
Intel Core i7 3930K
Asus Rampage IV Formula
G.Skill Ripjaws X 1600MHz 4X4GB
MSI GTX 690
Corsair H70
Creative ZxR
  1. Shure SRH 840
  2. AKG K240 MKII
  3. Grado SR325i
Creative Fatal1ty Pro
  1. Razer Tiamat 7.1