Post your computer specs!~
Nov 15, 2023 at 1:17 PM Post #2,941 of 3,097
I meant, pics of YOUR BUILD. But that's nice to see as well. I hope someone sees it and takes the opportunity to snatch a build.
My nearest MicroCenter is about 7000 miles away, so I won't be stopping over after work to see what's available.
Haha ok, oops i thought you meant something else.

I usually don't take pics since it's just a simple build.

Usually just nzxt h5 or h510i, since they want it as compact as possible.

Pretty boring imo, nothing worth taking pics of.

Nov 15, 2023 at 10:29 PM Post #2,942 of 3,097
Wow, only $35! I'm definately replacing my MSI stock fan.

253W! Not that I want to use that much power, but it shows it cools well at such high wattage load.
1700109324460.png

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2023 at 2:10 PM Post #2,943 of 3,097
The new Noctua D15 will be coming next year to take the crown...

Nov 16, 2023 at 2:18 PM Post #2,944 of 3,097
I bought the DeepCool AK620 because it's what Micro Center had when I picked up the rest of the parts for my build. It was relatively cheap but the fans had a noticeable & annoying pitch to them, even though they were technically quiet in regard to dB.

I replaced the DeepCool fans with Noctua fans. I'd have been better off just buying the NH-D15 as it still cost about the same all said and done.

Nov 16, 2023 at 2:57 PM Post #2,945 of 3,097
I wanted to wait a few weeks before posting this to give my impressions. I never do like posting about a product until it's been put through some use.

I've been using the Corsair Xeneon 27" OLED monitor. Three weeks on it now, and I sit in front of it for 40+ hours a week. The text fringing issues are overblown. I don't notice it, and it's mounted right next to an HP Omen 27" 1440p IPS monitor. I can't perceive a difference in text clarity between the two monitors.

The ABL issues I have not really noticed. I use a lot of excel spreadsheets and database software that have white backgrounds with black text. It will dim after a few minutes of inactivity. Otherwise, I don't notice it.

SDR brightness is plenty. I'm only at brightness level 19 for office work and it is plenty. HDR brightness could be a tad brighter, but it's not dim or dull. I updated the firmware when I first bought it to version 1.04, which only states it's related to improving HDR brightness. A lot of the reviews for this monitor were still on version 1.03. Playing BF2042, I had to raise the in-game brightness from 50 (default) to 71. And that seems perfect to me.

I had a 27" 4K/144Hz IPS monitor that I returned recently. I really couldn't tell much difference in PPI at that monitor size between QHD and UHD. I think at 32" I'd go for 4K, but at 27" 1440 is still really sharp. And no IPS glow is just awesome.

Corsair gives a 3-yr burn in replacement on this monitor. I've set my taskbar to autohide, and moved my desktop icons to the secondary monitor. Otherwise, I'm not going to baby this screen so we'll see how it holds up.

Is is worth the price? Absolutely not. I could have bought a nice 42" C2/C3 for what I paid for this. But I prefer dual monitors for productivity.

Nov 17, 2023 at 6:13 AM Post #2,946 of 3,097
Haha ok, oops i thought you meant something else.

I usually don't take pics since it's just a simple build.

Usually just nzxt h5 or h510i, since they want it as compact as possible.

Pretty boring imo, nothing worth taking pics of.
Uhm, no, that's not boring. I love seeing people's builds, even "simple" ones. There's always something interesting that can be gleened from another builder's process. Especially when it comes to cable management. :wink:

I wanted to wait a few weeks before posting this to give my impressions. I never do like posting about a product until it's been put through some use.

I've been using the Corsair Xeneon 27" OLED monitor. Three weeks on it now, and I sit in front of it for 40+ hours a week. The text fringing issues are overblown. I don't notice it, and it's mounted right next to an HP Omen 27" 1440p IPS monitor. I can't perceive a difference in text clarity between the two monitors.
The ABL issues I have not really noticed. I use a lot of excel spreadsheets and database software that have white backgrounds with black text. It will dim after a few minutes of inactivity. Otherwise, I don't notice it.

SDR brightness is plenty. I'm only at brightness level 19 for office work and it is plenty. HDR brightness could be a tad brighter, but it's not dim or dull. I updated the firmware when I first bought it to version 1.04, which only states it's related to improving HDR brightness. A lot of the reviews for this monitor were still on version 1.03. Playing BF2042, I had to raise the in-game brightness from 50 (default) to 71. And that seems perfect to me.

I had a 27" 4K/144Hz IPS monitor that I returned recently. I really couldn't tell much difference in PPI at that monitor size between QHD and UHD. I think at 32" I'd go for 4K, but at 27" 1440 is still really sharp. And no IPS glow is just awesome.

Corsair gives a 3-yr burn in replacement on this monitor. I've set my taskbar to autohide, and moved my desktop icons to the secondary monitor. Otherwise, I'm not going to baby this screen so we'll see how it holds up.

Is is worth the price? Absolutely not. I could have bought a nice 42" C2/C3 for what I paid for this. But I prefer dual monitors for productivity.
Very interesting breakdown. As for OLED burn-in... it is wayyyy overhyped, and I really don't think there should be any concern these days. Most especially because once the monitor is turned off, almost all of them now do their "cleaning" processes to further prevent potential pixel burn issues. If anything, the first 200 hours try and "be gentle" since the OLEDs are burning at their brightest and hottest. A good level of vareity on the screen would help balance the pixel usage until things "settle". Even so, I don't think it's necessary. After 200 hours... just let'r rip.
I see burn-in a potential issue if you ONLY have the same screen (or logo) displayed, day in and day out, and it would still take MONTHS before burn-in might start happening.
I did the same thing with hiding the Taskbar, and I had the icons on the screen, but I would cover them when I had a window up. I would shift the window(s) around every 10 minutes or so, and I still have a black background but that's because I prefer a blank black background.
With that said, I have about 5000 hours on the LG OLED 48" 48GQ900B (main display), and not a peep of issues. I no longer hide the Taskbar, as of a couple months ago. My OLED C1 (second monitor) is usually used to watch videos while doing other stuff on the main monitor, but it, too, has zero problems. That has at least 8000 hours of use at this point.
I haven't even come across image retention on either screen, which is impressive.

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2023 at 6:21 AM Post #2,947 of 3,097
Have LG 32 UltraFine OLED Pro EP950 close to a year now. Still very solid. Sharp and great color renditions. Mostly using it to edit photos (one of my other hobbies) and watching movies.

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2023 at 10:55 AM Post #2,948 of 3,097
Uhm, no, that's not boring. I love seeing people's builds, even "simple" ones. There's always something interesting that can be gleened from another builder's process. Especially when it comes to cable management. :wink:

Very interesting breakdown. As for OLED burn-in... it is wayyyy overhyped, and I really don't think there should be any concern these days. Most especially because once the monitor is turned off, almost all of them now do their "cleaning" processes to further prevent potential pixel burn issues. If anything, the first 200 hours try and "be gentle" since the OLEDs are burning at their brightest and hottest. A good level of vareity on the screen would help balance the phosphors until things "settle". Even so, I don't think it's necessary. After 200 hours... just let'r rip.
I see burn-in a potential issue if you ONLY have the same screen (or logo) displayed, day in and day out, and it would still take MONTHS before burn-in might start happening.
I did the same thing with hiding the Taskbar, and I had the icons on the screen, but I would cover them when I had a window up. I would shift the window(s) around every 10 minutes or so, and I still have a black background but that's because I prefer a blank black background.
With that said, I have about 5000 hours on the LG OLED 48" 48GQ900B (main display), and not a peep of issues. I no longer hide the Taskbar, as of a couple months ago. My OLED C1 (second monitor) is usually used to watch videos while doing other stuff on the main monitor, but it, too, has zero problems. That has at least 8000 hours of use at this point.
I haven't even come across image retention on either screen, which is impressive.
I gave my parents my old B6P OLED from 2017 since I went with the newest 120hz. Still running strong. I like the color accuracy from the old gen.

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2023 at 7:05 PM Post #2,950 of 3,097
I use an HP EliteDesk 705 G4 Desktop Mini. It's a tiny little powerhouse and I've done a lot of upgrades on it.

AMD Ryzen 5 Pro 2400GE
AMD B350 chipset
32GB DDR4 RAM (upgraded from 8GB)
1TB Sk Hynix Gold P31 NVMe SSD (upgraded from 240GB Western Digital Blue NVMe SSD)
2TB Western Digital Blue SATA SSD (bay was previously empty)
Intel AX200 wireless card (upgraded from Intel 9260)
Rear USB-C port with USB 3.1 Gen 2 and DisplayPort alternate mode (replaced third DisplayPort)
65W external power supply
Windows 10 Pro

I have it connected to a Dell S2722QC 4K USB-C monitor.

Other than the CPU fan being a bit whiny at times, and Microsoft not supporting the CPU in Windows 11 so this the machine will need to be replaced in a couple years, I have no major complaints about it. The integrated GPU is still much better than most integrated GPUs today and works great for less-demanding games. The amount of computing power and storage packed into a tiny case and a 65W total system power envelope is pretty amazing.

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2023 at 11:20 AM Post #2,951 of 3,097

Looks like Threadripper 7000 is as great for productivity as expected. I thought I would be tempted to jump into Threadripper once more, but between the price and gaming performance it's an easy pass for me.

Nov 21, 2023 at 2:18 AM Post #2,952 of 3,097
Yeah, the Threadripper should be looked at like a moving truck; stack HUGE numbers of boxes (data) into the truck for quicker end-time transport to a new location.
That same truck won't perform the same as a race car (gaming PC), but both have their purpose and function.

Nov 24, 2023 at 1:17 PM Post #2,953 of 3,097
Another two built for use as POS stations.

i7 14700k
msi pro z790-p
32gb pc6000 ddr5 gskill ram
samsung 990pro ssd
nzxt h5 flow case
evga 700w gold
arctic cooler 240mm liquid cooler

20231124_131133.JPG

Nov 24, 2023 at 6:38 PM Post #2,954 of 3,097
Another two built for use as POS stations.

i7 14700k
msi pro z790-p
32gb pc6000 ddr5 gskill ram
samsung 990pro ssd
nzxt h5 flow case
evga 700w gold
arctic cooler 240mm liquid cooler

I'm kinda slow, I just realized why AIO would be superior. The heat is released from outside the case! Kinda wish I went AIO instead of the tower heatsink/fans that release heat inside the case.

Guyz, is this the best way to apply MX4 thermal paste? With arctic shows is different. They show a pea size drop.

Anyway, I've been enjoying Wild Hearts on Game Pass lately. This game performs better than at launch, but the best part is the game design. It's really fun for a Monster Hunter type game. I like it better than Monster Hunter World/Rise. It really tests my CPU cooling since the CPU temp rise like crazy! It rises up to my throttling point! This game is a good test to see if your system has adequate CPU cooling.

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2023 at 6:49 PM Post #2,955 of 3,097
I'm kinda slow, I just realized why AIO would be superior. The heat is released from outside the case! Kinda wish I went AIO instead of the tower heatsink/fans that release heat inside the case.

Guyz, is this the best way to apply MX4 thermal paste? With arctic shows is different. They show a pea size drop.

These days the liquid coolers are kind of a prerequisite. They're so cheap that it doesn't make sense not to get it.

I have it setup to suck in air from the front. Had to remove the fans and relocate them because it wouldn't fit without the support bracket being in the middle.

I guess I could have mounted it on top but it would have a better airflow from the front.

Thats pretty much how I apply the thermal paste but not that much lol. Thats quite alot and wasteful, just need a thin layer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back