POST YOUR COLLEGE! (Student or Alumni)
Mar 23, 2008 at 9:16 PM Post #78 of 310
Freshman at Worcester Polytechnic Institute, studying Mechanical Engineering.

Incidentally, the only two head-fiers I know of at WPI live right next to each other (dorm neighbor and me)...

Mar 23, 2008 at 11:42 PM Post #79 of 310
Calvin College, Grand Rapids, MI: BS Chemistry
Wayne State Univ. School of Medicine, Detroit, MI: MD
Residency in General Surgery, Barnes-Jewish Hospital, St. Louis, MO
Residency in Diagnostic Radiology, Mallinkrodt Institute of Radiology, St. Louis, MO
Fellowship in Musculoskeletal Imaging, Mallinkrodt Institute

Real job at age 33, net worth > 0 at age 38, Head-fi at age 40, things are not looking good...

Mar 24, 2008 at 12:32 AM Post #80 of 310
Northwestern University, Class of 1988
eek.gif

Absolutely loved it. Incredibly fun 4 years - a wonderful education and a terrific overall experience. Couldn't possibly have enjoyed it more.

FWIW, I was the only person I knew at NU who had tube stereo gear
biggrin.gif

Mar 24, 2008 at 2:19 AM Post #82 of 310
[QUOTE

FWIW, I was the only person I knew at NU who had tube stereo gear
biggrin.gif
[/QUOTE]

Oh how things have changed! I know at least 4 guys with tube gear. One guy has a set of k1000's and one guy is really into speakers. Most of the time I prefer solidstate.

Mar 24, 2008 at 3:25 AM Post #83 of 310
The Ohio State University, or as our newly signed QB said on his signing day, "The University of Ohio State".

Mar 24, 2008 at 4:31 AM Post #86 of 310
Creighton University School of Pharmacy (3 more years to go)
No-one interested in that stuff here... that I know of.

Mar 24, 2008 at 5:20 AM Post #88 of 310
Quote:

Originally Posted by cwell2112 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Freshman at Worcester Polytechnic Institute, studying Mechanical Engineering.

Incidentally, the only two head-fiers I know of at WPI live right next to each other (dorm neighbor and me)...

I ALMOST went to WPI for Bioengineering but they shafted me on my financial aid so I pulled out of my early acceptance. Good school though
cool.gif
It's probably a good thing I didn't go, when I ended up in the midwest my gf and I broke up (she went to Harvard) and she ended up being a nutjob!

Mar 24, 2008 at 5:32 AM Post #89 of 310
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. T /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Calvin College, Grand Rapids, MI: BS Chemistry
Wayne State Univ. School of Medicine, Detroit, MI: MD
Residency in General Surgery, Barnes-Jewish Hospital, St. Louis, MO
Residency in Diagnostic Radiology, Mallinkrodt Institute of Radiology, St. Louis, MO
Fellowship in Musculoskeletal Imaging, Mallinkrodt Institute

Real job at age 33, net worth > 0 at age 38, Head-fi at age 40, things are not looking good...

Before age 50 you'll be laughing all the way to the bank! You definitely go through a rather extended period of deferred gratification with any career associated with medicine, especially if you do a second residency and then a fellowship! My goodness, that's a lot of years!

Not only are the financial gains deferred, but you've also (obviously) worked very hard and very long hours for years on end, and you can't get that time back either. This is why I've always had such great admiration for the docs that I've known.

My brother in law is a hemoc and definitely earned his stripes (residency at Mayo and fellowship at MD Anderson). He's now living quite comfortably, I'd say, although he's very heavily invested in private practice. It's not like he can just pick up his family and move anywhere. He's maybe 42 or so and it sure seems like the money is rolling in at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back