POST YOUR COLLEGE! (Student or Alumni)
Mar 23, 2008 at 2:38 AM Post #61 of 310
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus /img/forum/go_quote.gif

<Outstanding post snipped...>

I agree 100% with Wmcmanus regarding how to approach education. I'm looking forward to meeting you at canjam.
wink.gif

Oh, right...DePaul University, Chicago--BS Computer Science, Magna Cum Laude (Would have been Suma-, but I foolishly allowed them to factor in a couple B grades earned ten years previously
smily_headphones1.gif
).

I went back to school in my late 20's (after being a stereo salesman for eight years). Going back to school--and sticking it out--was the toughest thing I ever did.

Mar 23, 2008 at 2:44 AM Post #62 of 310
Quote:

Originally Posted by ingwe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm looking forward to meeting you at canjam.
wink.gif

Hey, thanks. I'll only be there for Friday and Saturday morning and maybe until mid afternoon. Unfortunately, I have to fly out that evening from Miami and will need to leave early to beat rush hour traffic to get to the airport. So look for me! I'll be looking forward to meeting you as well.

This year, I'll do less listening and more meeting and greeting than ever simply because I won't have time for both! About the only thing that I want to hear for sure is the Smyth Research 'virtual surround processing' stuff because it represents such a big leap in technology for headphone listening. I've been looking forward to doing a demo for years and have missed out on chances to go to CES and so forth.

Mar 23, 2008 at 2:47 AM Post #63 of 310
Quote:

Originally Posted by -=Germania=- /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Northwestern University
snip...

I am a little sick of being hit on by my TA's and NU staff....especially because some of them are really old or ugly or smell or all of the above.

snip...

Well, take solace that after you graduate, then enter the real world, that sort of behavior will cease.

Human resources will not allow it.

Seriously.
biggrin.gif

-m

Mar 23, 2008 at 2:49 AM Post #64 of 310
Cal State Fullerton! (Too bad we lost so early in the NCAA Tourny)

Philosophy and Film Double Major.

I love the professors and the students, but something about this place gets on my nerves.

Mar 23, 2008 at 3:24 AM Post #65 of 310
I'm currently a Materials Science and Engineering major at The Ohio State University, probably taking a specialization in Metallurgy but I haven't filed that particular paperwork yet.

It kicks my ass every day, but I wouldn't give it up for anything...

Well, maybe the jobs that come after the school part of it, but that's why I'm studying right?

Mar 23, 2008 at 6:12 AM Post #67 of 310
Quote:

Originally Posted by Capital R /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Cal State Fullerton! (Too bad we lost so early in the NCAA Tourny)

Philosophy and Film Double Major.

I love the professors and the students, but something about this place gets on my nerves.

Grrr you beat us
tongue.gif

UCI CSE (Comp Sci & Eng) graduating in June, heading off to Columbia for a master's...

Mar 23, 2008 at 6:17 AM Post #68 of 310
Quote:

Originally Posted by MCC /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Iowa State University- Computer Engineering

Starting this fall...

Cool! I did an internship at Rockwell Collins over in Cedar Rapids this past summer. I met two ISU Computer Engineers there.

Two things I learned about Iowa by the time I completed my three month stay there: you guys don't kid about 1) drinking and 2) football (especially ISU vs UOI---it's practically a holiday for you guys on that day).

Mar 23, 2008 at 2:57 PM Post #71 of 310
University of Texas Austin '98 - Sociology [size=small]Hook 'em Horns lml[/size]

Sam Houston State Univ. '00 - MA Criminal Justice

St. Edwards Univ. '02 - MBA

Doing my undergrad at UT Austin was one of my best decisions ever. Excellent school, one of the best cities in the world and live music everywhere you look. Who could ask for more?
biggrin.gif

Mar 23, 2008 at 3:17 PM Post #72 of 310
Hillsdale College
Economics major with a Computer Science minor
Delta Tau Delta

Hillsdale is a great liberal-arts school, and one of the best undergraduate schools for Austrian and Classical Economics. I plan to continue Economics education at George Mason University once I graduate from Hillsdale

Mar 23, 2008 at 4:38 PM Post #73 of 310
Attending Drexel University
Majoring in computer science.

I hope in the fives years I am there I can get my masters and complete my eighteen months of co-op.The school itself is interesting. It use to be more of a commuter school but is now transitioning into a more dorm based campus. When i am at Drexel, I dislike it, but when I go visit my friends at other schools, I kind of miss Drexel.

Mar 23, 2008 at 4:39 PM Post #74 of 310
University of Nevada, Reno
Started in Computer Engineering and realized it wasn't for me after my junior year...so along came Materials Science and Engineering. Should finish sometime soon, the funny part is I still love to work on electronics projects and programming, I just didn't want to do it for a living.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back