Post The Live Album Your Listening To
Jun 3, 2013 at 2:19 PM Post #166 of 199

Jun 4, 2013 at 3:48 PM Post #168 of 199
Quote:
I realize this is a loaded question, but which Mahler is your favorite?

I have not heard Rattle`s 10th, but Kubelik`s and Bernstein`s adagios are good.

Jun 4, 2013 at 3:58 PM Post #169 of 199
Quote:
Wings Over America 

Great album, I have the original vinyl but would love to hear the new HD Tracks re-master.

Here's a couple of my all-time faves, both have plenty of "attitude and energy":

Jun 4, 2013 at 6:27 PM Post #170 of 199
"Wings Over America" on HD Tracks is outstanding.  Just bought that two days ago.  I had the original vinyl but insanely gave it and many other vinyl albums away.  McCartney and crew have spent time remastering and working with some of his older albums and are slowly rereleasing them. "McCartney", "Band on the Run", and "Ram" likewise were redone and I expect "Venus and Mars" and "Speed of Sound" to come out eventually.

Its hard to beat clean vinyl on a high end player but the 24/96 download sounds great.

Jun 4, 2013 at 6:55 PM Post #171 of 199
Agreed, the samples that I listened to sounded very promising
popcorn.gif

Jun 4, 2013 at 10:52 PM Post #172 of 199
Deep Purple - Made in Japan

Pretty awesome on vinyl.

220px-Deep_Purple_Made_in_Japan.jpg

Jun 29, 2013 at 3:27 PM Post #176 of 199
np_bohemiancaverns.jpg

#BAM Live at Bohemian Caverns, Payton’s latest release, is the first for his own imprint, BMF Records ™. Recorded at the historic Washington, D.C. club, Bohemian Caverns, on November 3, 2012, the album features a blistering set that captures Payton’s now renowned prowess on the trumpet – while simultaneously playing the Fender Rhodes piano. His genius and unmistakable originality is on wide display for this recording.

Jul 2, 2013 at 11:28 PM Post #178 of 199
Rush All the Worlds a Stage - vinyl press from mid '70's.........the 2112 side.

Jul 3, 2013 at 6:59 AM Post #179 of 199
Picked up this double LP for $4 at a used record store. I don't believe either record has ever been played. Ahmad Jamal is outstanding on this live recording - faster paced and harder hitting than what he is normally known for.

684611.jpg

Recorded live at the Montreal International Jazz Festival, Montreal, Canada in 1985. This live concert was released on a 1986 double album, Live at the Montreal Jazz Festival 1985. Pianist Ahmad Jamal and his quartet (which also includes bassist James Cammack, drummer Herlin Riley, and percussionist Selden Newton) dig into three originals, an obscurity, Jack DeJohnette's "Ebony," and a trio of jazz standards (including "Footprints"). This particular group is often reminiscent of Jamal's trios of the '50s, although with more modern bass playing and some denser piano than before. ~ Scott Yanow Originally released as a 2-LP set. Personnel: Ahmad Jamal (piano); James Cammack (bass); Herlin Riley (drums); Selden Newton (percussion). Personnel: Ahmad Jamal (piano); Ahmad Jamal; James Cammack (bass instrument); Herlin Riley (drums); Selden Newton (percussion). Recording information: Montreal International Jazz Festival (1985); The Montreal Jazz Festival (1985). Photographer: Roy Volkman.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back