Post The Live Album Your Listening To
Jul 4, 2013 at 6:35 AM Post #182 of 199
Frampton Comes Alive

Jul 4, 2013 at 10:29 PM Post #183 of 199
Budokan_cd.jpg

Dream Theater - Live At Budokan

Jul 20, 2013 at 4:04 AM Post #186 of 199
The Eric Clapton - Slowhand 35th Anniversary Super Deluxe Edition from 2012 contains a live concert on two CDs among other things. The live album was recorded April 27, 1977 at Hammersmith Odeon, just a week before the Slowhand sessions. The live album has 14 tracks.

So I'm listening to Eric Clapton live on 4-27-77 at the Hammersmith Odeon obtained here:

Jul 30, 2013 at 5:25 PM Post #188 of 199
Pink Floyd - Pulse from 1995.  Best live album I've had the pleasure of hearing.  Found it at a used CD store for $4.  Double disc...............

Jul 30, 2013 at 7:07 PM Post #189 of 199
Quote:
Pink Floyd - Pulse from 1995.  Best live album I've had the pleasure of hearing.  Found it at a used CD store for $4.  Double disc...............

+1 That is a good album. "Metallica - 1993 Live S**t - Binge and Purge" is pretty sweet too.

Aug 4, 2013 at 6:50 PM Post #192 of 199
Grateful Dead - The Pizza Tapes (Extra Large Edition 3CD)

Such a joy to listen to this set.

[size=x-small]THE PIZZA TAPES
Jerry Garcia/David Grisman/Tony Rice
[/size]

[size=x-small]Legend has it that a pizza delivery boy lifted Jerry Garcia's cassette tape of two evenings worth of very special music from his kitchen counter, thus paving its way into underground tape trading circles and giving a handle to these incredible performances. Now at last, from the vaults of Dawg Studios comes the sonically superb official release of this historic jam session, the only meeting of guitar greats Jerry Garcia and Tony Rice, introduced to each other by their mutual friend and musical associate, mandolinist/ producer David Grisman. The Pizza Tapes capture these virtuosos at a rare moment in time, free of pressure, hassles or any given agenda other than making music and having plenty of fun.[/size]
[size=x-small]Jerry sings several tunes not only unique to his repertoire but captured here for the first and only time: "Long Black Veil," "House of the Rising Sun," and "Man of Constant Sorrow." Along with the folk/country classics "Rosa Lee McFall," "Little Sadie," and "Louis Collins" are jazz-infused versions of "So What," "Summertime" (a Garcia/ Rice guitar duet) and several free-form extended trio improvisations. Emotional renderings of "Amazing Grace" and Bob Dylan's "Knockin' on Heaven's Door" add the final topping to this already spicy pie; and with the tape left rolling, the listener is literally right in the studio with the guys as they let it all hang out in between tunes-it's like getting extra toppings for free! The Pizza Tapes is a landmark recording and one of Acoustic Disc's best sounding releases. Get it while it's hot![/size]

Aug 5, 2013 at 4:15 PM Post #193 of 199
Quote:
Grateful Dead - The Pizza Tapes (Extra Large Edition 3CD)

Such a joy to listen to this set.

[size=x-small]THE PIZZA TAPES
Jerry Garcia/David Grisman/Tony Rice
[/size]

[size=x-small]Legend has it that a pizza delivery boy lifted Jerry Garcia's cassette tape of two evenings worth of very special music from his kitchen counter, thus paving its way into underground tape trading circles and giving a handle to these incredible performances. Now at last, from the vaults of Dawg Studios comes the sonically superb official release of this historic jam session, the only meeting of guitar greats Jerry Garcia and Tony Rice, introduced to each other by their mutual friend and musical associate, mandolinist/ producer David Grisman. The Pizza Tapes capture these virtuosos at a rare moment in time, free of pressure, hassles or any given agenda other than making music and having plenty of fun.[/size]
[size=x-small]Jerry sings several tunes not only unique to his repertoire but captured here for the first and only time: "Long Black Veil," "House of the Rising Sun," and "Man of Constant Sorrow." Along with the folk/country classics "Rosa Lee McFall," "Little Sadie," and "Louis Collins" are jazz-infused versions of "So What," "Summertime" (a Garcia/ Rice guitar duet) and several free-form extended trio improvisations. Emotional renderings of "Amazing Grace" and Bob Dylan's "Knockin' on Heaven's Door" add the final topping to this already spicy pie; and with the tape left rolling, the listener is literally right in the studio with the guys as they let it all hang out in between tunes-it's like getting extra toppings for free! The Pizza Tapes is a landmark recording and one of Acoustic Disc's best sounding releases. Get it while it's hot![/size]

Thanks for making me aware of this.  My son in a huge Grateful Dead/Jerry Garcia fan.  I just followed your link and purchased the CD's.  He will love this.  Thanks again!

Aug 5, 2013 at 4:27 PM Post #194 of 199
Quote:
Thanks for making me aware of this.  My son in a huge Grateful Dead/Jerry Garcia fan.  I just followed your link and purchased the CD's.  He will love this.  Thanks again!

You're welcome! It's an incredible set that is recorded in very high quality. They are in their "element" just having a blast jamming out together.

Aug 7, 2013 at 11:12 AM Post #195 of 199

cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back