Post The Live Album Your Listening To
May 17, 2013 at 5:06 PM Post #136 of 199
Live albums are pointless, and lose all the energy of an actual concert. If I want to hear live, I'll listen to actual live music. If not, studio albums give way better production and recording quality than any live album ever could.

What an amazing generalisation and quite frankly wrong IMO. I'll give you 3 examples.
(1) Adele - Live At The Royal Albert Hall
I own both 19 & 21 and never listen to them anymore. They both pale in comparison to the live recording.

(2) Joe Bonamassa - any of his live albums, but in particilar Live From Nowhere In Particular and An Acoustic Evening At The Vienna Opera House. Both are stunning and manage to capture energy and atmosphere.

(3) Beth Hart - Live At Paradiso. You'd need to be dead not to feel the energy from this performance. This particular album eclipses anything she's ever produced in the studio IMO.

Lastly - why bother making the statement in this thread? Are you trolling for a reaction? If you don't like live albums that's ok - but why even make that comment in an appreciation thread?

May 17, 2013 at 7:51 PM Post #137 of 199
Rush - All the World's a Stage........

My favorite live band, saw them in concert a dozen times. Just watching Neil Peart has been a privilege.

May 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM Post #138 of 199
Quote:
What an amazing generalisation and quite frankly wrong IMO. I'll give you 3 examples.
(1) Adele - Live At The Royal Albert Hall
I own both 19 & 21 and never listen to them anymore. They both pale in comparison to the live recording.

(2) Joe Bonamassa - any of his live albums, but in particilar Live From Nowhere In Particular and An Acoustic Evening At The Vienna Opera House. Both are stunning and manage to capture energy and atmosphere.

(3) Beth Hart - Live At Paradiso. You'd need to be dead not to feel the energy from this performance. This particular album eclipses anything she's ever produced in the studio IMO.

Lastly - why bother making the statement in this thread? Are you trolling for a reaction? If you don't like live albums that's ok - but why even make that comment in an appreciation thread?

beerchug.gif

May 17, 2013 at 9:35 PM Post #139 of 199
Quote:
Live albums are pointless, and lose all the energy of an actual concert. If I want to hear live, I'll listen to actual live music. If not, studio albums give way better production and recording quality than any live album ever could.

The Title Says

Post The Live Album Your Listening To

May 17, 2013 at 10:56 PM Post #141 of 199
Quote:

And the most idiotic statement of the year goes to.....  Seriously, if there was actually any truth or logic to a blanket statement like that, then you wouldn't want to listen to any recorded music at all.  But that's obvious, right?  Right? 

Anyway, since my favourite bands are most often killer live acts, and since I don't have them all trapped in my house ready to play for me at my whim, I like to listen to live recordings of all varieties. 

I actually have a difficult time posting in this thread, but for a totally different reason: I like to post in the 'What Are You Listening To...' thread, but so much of what I listen to is live, I'd feel like I was using this forum as my blog if I used both threads.  Anyway, speaking bands I wish I had in my living room right now, but don't, so I have to listen to a great live recording:

Mogwai   Yes!  I Am a Long Way from Home

May 18, 2013 at 11:10 AM Post #142 of 199
Bruce Springsteen - Live 1975-85

May 18, 2013 at 6:16 PM Post #144 of 199

May 20, 2013 at 3:41 PM Post #146 of 199

May 20, 2013 at 10:08 PM Post #148 of 199
Quote:
Beth Hart - Live At Paradiso

Love that album ...... so much energy.

Currently listening to Joe Bonamassa - An Acoustic Evening At the Vienna Opera House

May 21, 2013 at 3:20 PM Post #149 of 199

Users who are viewing this thread

Back