An icecream

Jul 8, 2009 at 7:12 PM Post #9,722 of 11,359
Gas and Mr. Empanada for lunch.

Jul 8, 2009 at 7:44 PM Post #9,723 of 11,359
Quote:

Originally Posted by Quaddy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
very nice
bigsmile_face.gif
- did you ever consider the modbook, to keep it all apple as opposed to your LE1700?

Yes, I agonized over that decision for over a year (and have been waiting for apple to release a tablet for over 4 years, maybe more). I really wanted to buy the Modbook. It pains me to have a Windows computer. I may run Linux on it though - will certainly setup dual boot. However, I have a friend who has a Modbook and although they are really fast, they are kinda big and clunky in my opinion (at least the "reasonably priced" one - I am not going to pay $4500 for a slate tablet!). Also, last I checked, there is no good alternative to Windows Journal on Mac OS X. I am sure this will change in time though. There are some good programs on Linux - like Xournal - but last I tried (I tried it on my Macbook Pro as well as my friend's Modbook), when you try to install it on Mac OS X, it won't recognize the pen. The most important criterion for me was size/weight though since I will also be carrying my Macbook Pro with my along with the tablet when I travel. The LE1700 is 3.3lbs and 0.74" thick on the "bottom" in landscape mode which makes it feel much more like writing on a pad of paper than the Modbook which is 1.16" thick (and 5.3 lbs). If Apple would start focusing on computers, and not ipods, and release a convertible or slate tablet, I am sure it would be fantastic but I have given up on them doing that (of course, maybe now that I gave up and bought a new Windows based tablet, I am sure Steve will announce an apple tablet any day now
k701smile.gif
).

The funny thing is that the other day one of my friends called me a traitor because I bought a Palm Pre (I would have preferred an iphone but don't feel like switching phone companies just for a phone).

Jul 8, 2009 at 10:22 PM Post #9,725 of 11,359
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ishcabible /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mind sending it to me and I'll send them back with pop tarts?

Got some hot dogs for grillin', but it's raining.
frown.gif

Maybe. They probably won't arrive for another few months but I gues I could loan them out once I'm done with them...
wink.gif

Jul 9, 2009 at 1:04 AM Post #9,728 of 11,359
Quote:

Originally Posted by fraseyboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Maybe. They probably won't arrive for another few months but I gues I could loan them out once I'm done with them...
wink.gif

What do you mean by done with them?

I bought a Microsoft NX3000 and Sriracha Chili Sauce.

Jul 9, 2009 at 1:11 AM Post #9,729 of 11,359
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ishcabible /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What do you mean by done with them?

I mean give them a bit of a listen, take pics, pretend my friends care, etc.

Jul 9, 2009 at 1:12 AM Post #9,730 of 11,359
Ah, ok. I'll buy them for $400.
tongue.gif

Jul 9, 2009 at 3:48 AM Post #9,733 of 11,359
Coffee aka Road Warrior 24oz

Users who are viewing this thread

Back