Post the last thing you bought. Oh fun!
Dec 14, 2007 at 11:03 AM Post #1,952 of 11,343
I bought some Immodium
frown.gif

Dec 14, 2007 at 6:13 PM Post #1,955 of 11,343
The last thing I ordered was a 42" Panny Plasma for my parents Christmas Gift;

3330595x.jpg

Dec 15, 2007 at 4:13 AM Post #1,956 of 11,343
I've been watching the member's lounge degenerate into a series of meaningless drivel threads that nobody reads. They just post in them. So I'm closing a bunch of them. Don't worry, you won't lose all of the posts that you've made in these sorts of threads. I wouldn't be that mean right before Christmas.

Please note, as well, that this is just my decision as an individual member/moderator who still likes being a member first and moderator second. It doesn't reflect the collective judgment of all (or any of the other) moderators, nor does it suggest that there will be any sort of "policy" or "rule" about these sorts of threads. It is, instead, just the way I feel about these threads which (of late) have really become noise pollution.

My fear is that if we allow the idle chit chat purposeless threads to proliferate we will be doing a disservice to our membership by dummying down the excellent content that this site has to offer. On the one hand, such threads do no harm, at least not individually. On the other hand, they cause (in my view and in the view of many other members based on the comments I've been reading of late) a general degradation of the overall quality of the site. We really don't want Head-Fi to become all fluff, or at least I don't want that result.

Sue me if you think I'm wrong, and my apologies (sincerely) to those who enjoy posting in these kinds of threads from time to time and find them to be both harmless and entertaining. All I'm trying to do at this precise moment is to sort of rein them in a bit. There is no reason to make more out of this than what I've suggested here. It's an individual decision made by a member/moderator that I hope you'll agree is being done with the interest of the site in mind.

Again, I don't want to be the Grinch, but at the same time I'd like to see the member's lounge start to regain its vigor again and these sorts of threads, in my opinion, are holding it back.

The "What are you listening to now..." thread and others that are more audio related are fine. I just don't think that people really care about what you're eating now, where you spent your last dollar, or when you had your last bowel movement.

Dec 15, 2007 at 8:28 AM Post #1,957 of 11,343
Back by popular demand! Several people seem to think that I made the wrong call by closing this thread as there is at least some discussion going on here (and not just rampant posting for the sake of posting). There are things to learn if you're willing to pan for the gold in the midst of the "I just bought a pack of gum" posts. Have at it...

Dec 15, 2007 at 9:27 AM Post #1,958 of 11,343
More tubes for the Millett Max and some boutique caps.

Dec 15, 2007 at 9:51 AM Post #1,959 of 11,343
Dork Knight, great gift for the parents! Mine don't yet believe in HD.

Me, I bought the rest of that tattoo I deposited on earlier in the thread. My 2nd one in less than year. The artist said it was a sure sign of a addiction.
wink.gif

Well, maybe not really, there are a few more things I'd like to have, but this is my first color piece, it's bigger than I imagined, which was a good thing because I decided I wanted an upper arm placement, and it's just gorgeous.

It's totally geek and would land in many a "Hey look at the nerd tattoo!" blogs, but the tattoo itself kicks some major ass. I guess it's the best studio in the country (IMO - and many others) for a reason.

One thing that was a pleasant surprise was the reasonable price, but I'm currently waiting for the artist to send me his dslr - taken pic. I need to go back in a month for a healed shot for his portfolio. It's that good. www.artforlife.fi rocks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back