Post the last thing you bought. Oh fun!
Apr 5, 2007 at 4:19 PM Post #316 of 11,343
I just recently bought my first digital camera which is a canon power shot S3 IS. I love it although I do wish I could have afforded a read SLR digital camera and not a suedo SLR but oh well, I still love it.

B000EMWBV0.jpg

Apr 5, 2007 at 4:30 PM Post #317 of 11,343
cyto-milk-rtd17-ban.jpg

bought it this morning... doesnt taste bad at all

Apr 5, 2007 at 5:15 PM Post #319 of 11,343
IT CAME!!!!!
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

camera.jpg

[size=xx-small]Taken with my digital point and shoot....all my next photos should look much better
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
Also thought I'd add some history by having my old camera in the background
biggrin.gif
[/size]

Apr 5, 2007 at 6:55 PM Post #322 of 11,343
Quote:

Originally Posted by smeggy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've been out of the camera loop for a wee while but I have to ask... What is a kit lens? Is this some new marketing term for a zoom or what!

Lenses that are meant to be bundled with the camera body
smily_headphones1.gif
It's low quality but should work for awhile. Plus my friends all use Nikon (part of the reason I'm going from Canon to Nikon) so I have a wide range of lenses available for borrowing

Apr 5, 2007 at 7:16 PM Post #325 of 11,343
Quote:

Originally Posted by Contrastique /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oehh boy Dave, that is *****cking sweeeetttt!!!! enjoy!
Your old one is that a AE-1??

Good eye....yep!!!! I had bought a secondary battery which is charging now. The bundled one has finished charging. In between working, I've fired away a few shots without studying the manual: at least I've figured out aperature and shutter priority as well as the focusing system. Blah....who needs a manual
icon10.gif
OK, I will need it to figure out metering....doesn't seem to obvious where that is!!!

What I like most about the feel of the camera is that it's very similar to the AE-1: ie a metal skin that at least makes it seem like it should last 30 years
icon10.gif
OK...better stop with camera talk, because that will make me want to pick up the camera and start figuring stuff out. When I should be working
wink.gif

Apr 5, 2007 at 8:02 PM Post #326 of 11,343
Yeahhh, manuals sure are the most boring books in the world, though sometimes quite handy. Working in a camerastore sure makes less needing manuals more easy hihi! If I remember well by heart, the metering-options are located on the right of the viewfinder. There you can choose whether you want spot-metering, matrix-metering or stuff like that. But blaaa, keeping you of work I guess and am not sure about it. Sorry bout that!

Apr 5, 2007 at 8:13 PM Post #327 of 11,343
well....I just took a mini break to figure out how to push ISO: my sleeping dog is a good subject
icon10.gif
I'll crack the manual tonight....still don't see the metering. Back to work for me
tongue.gif
icon10.gif

Apr 5, 2007 at 8:35 PM Post #328 of 11,343
i don't know... i just had to have it

KGBCigCase01.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back