Post the last thing you bought. Oh fun!
Dec 16, 2006 at 2:46 PM Post #107 of 11,345
I bought a pair of Sennheiser HD650 off Amazon for a great price. However, when I got the confirmation notice I noticed that I had it sent to my parents
rolleyes.gif
I will be there for Christmas in two weeks, but can't believe I did that. I forgot they allow you to have multiple addresses. I have contacted the third party seller that goes through Amazon, from which I am buying them. Hopefully I can get it worked out.

The GOOD news is that I will be the proud owner of a pair of brand spanking new HD650's, and I know my Cardas cable is happy!

UPDATE: I checked e-mail before posting. As soon as I was done posting, I had an e-mail from the seller saying: Address changed no Problem!

Sweet!

Dec 16, 2006 at 5:32 PM Post #108 of 11,345
JBL L110 speakers - wow, they sound LIVE !

Dec 16, 2006 at 5:36 PM Post #109 of 11,345
Quote:

Originally Posted by skyline889 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just bought myself a D50 kit to replace the D70 I sold two weeks ago, can't wait to get it. Even more, I can't wait to decide what to spend the money I saved by downgrading on
biggrin.gif

Cool, what kit?

As for me, I downgraded, sold my ipod
biggrin.gif

Money will be going towards a rack.

Dec 16, 2006 at 11:44 PM Post #111 of 11,345
macbook_pro_head_on.jpg

Not my picture, but I just got a Macbook Pro yesterday. So wonderful that everything works when I want it to! I did have to figure out that you have to specify the region for the dvd player the first time you use it, but I panicked and called Applecare because the dialog box got hidden! Anyway, my new avatar has been taken with the built in iSight!

Dec 16, 2006 at 11:51 PM Post #112 of 11,345
yesterday - K340 (bone stock), 12' mini-starquad, Yammie DPU-50
today - Wii component cables, new DJ Shadow album
tomorrow - 42" plasma TV

oh this weekend has been fun
biggrin.gif

Dec 17, 2006 at 2:46 AM Post #114 of 11,345
Nice, I've been wii hunting myself
biggrin.gif
. So is it worth it? I played the motorstorm demo, and wasn't impressed, for $750 (cad) including tax the graphics were lacking. But then it was the same with the ps2 when it came out, and look at it now. It is very shiny and very black, however, which is always cool
biggrin.gif

Dec 17, 2006 at 2:52 AM Post #115 of 11,345
Quote:

Originally Posted by vagarach /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice, I've been wii hunting myself
biggrin.gif
. So is it worth it? I played the motorstorm demo, and wasn't impressed, for $750 (cad) including tax the graphics were lacking. But then it was the same with the ps2 when it came out, and look at it now. It is very shiny and very black, however, which is always cool
biggrin.gif

I'm also Wii hunting (already have Zelda: TP), but it seems like a lost cause. The 360 is sitting underneath the PS3 right now, when the Wii arrives, gonna have to find a nice place for all three to reside.

The PS3 is cool. Right now, if I can only have one, the 360 would it. Its the stronger console right now. The PS3 will get better. I mainly wanted it since its a cheap(er) Blu-Ray player. Motorstorm is not there best looking game, but its still almost 3 months away from releasing, I'm sure it will improve. The only game I have for it right now is Resistance Fall of Man and it looks great, nice game so far.

Only time will tell how these console wars will pan out. Good luck on finding a Wii, hope you get one soon.

Dec 18, 2006 at 2:13 AM Post #118 of 11,345
Speakers.

Got a great deal on a used pair of Von Schweikert VR-4 with the 5/7 HSE upgrade.

Once at home and cranking in a gorgeous listening room - our 20 x 43 foot living room, my better half comes home from work, takes one look at them and all the associated equipment used to make them sing and let me tell you about the killer audio system which is now in my basement!

lambda.gif

Dec 18, 2006 at 2:30 AM Post #119 of 11,345
Quote:

Originally Posted by uofmtiger /img/forum/go_quote.gif
One of these for the bedroom ( have to wait for delivery):
44_hero.jpg

I bought one for this christmas too!
biggrin.gif
can't wait to get my first 42" lcd tv!

Quote:

Originally Posted by slick /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Finally, after weeks of searching, I found one: