Post the last thing you bought. Oh fun!
Dec 14, 2006 at 7:55 PM Post #91 of 11,359
Yesterday:
Final Fantasy Tactics (original release, PSX)
Final Fantasy XII Collectors Ed + guide
Final Fantasy III (DS)
Canare 5 foot balanced XLR cables

whew lots of Final Fantasy
tongue.gif

eying up: Lovan 4 shelf rack for Christmas

Dec 14, 2006 at 10:11 PM Post #93 of 11,359
Burberry Duffle coat (burnt red), Breitling Bentley GT (Burgundy). Christmas presents to myself
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 15, 2006 at 12:29 AM Post #94 of 11,359
1) Tivoli Audio Music System
I had a Tivoli radio before, and I really liked how it sounded. So I bought this alarm/radio/CD system; it should be perfect for casual listening around the house

2) Trends UD-10 USB Transport
A USB digital transport, so I can bring my Lavry home for winter break and have something to listen to.

3) HD650s:
I figure that I should get to know these, since they are one of the most popular headphones here. I've heard them on and off at other people's places before. Although I didn't feel like they were particular good, I figure I should give them one last go. I should have a review comparing the W5000s to the HD650s over winter break.

Dec 15, 2006 at 3:12 AM Post #95 of 11,359
Quote:

Originally Posted by humanflyz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
1) Tivoli Audio Music System
I had a Tivoli radio before, and I really liked how it sounded. So I bought this alarm/radio/CD system; it should be perfect for casual listening around the house

2) Trends UD-10 USB Transport
A USB digital transport, so I can bring my Lavry home for winter break and have something to listen to.

3) HD650s:
I figure that I should get to know these, since they are one of the most popular headphones here. I've heard them on and off at other people's places before. Although I didn't feel like they were particular good, I figure I should give them one last go. I should have a review comparing the W5000s to the HD650s over winter break.

The USB transport looks cool. Very impressive AES/EBU digi out.

Dec 15, 2006 at 4:08 AM Post #97 of 11,359
Today i went xmas shopping for family and friends, I came home with the following for myself
wink.gif

4 CD's,
Joanna Newsom - Ys
Damien Rice - 9
Mr Scruffs Big Chill Classics
Sebastien Tellier - Politics

3 magazines,
The Word (intelligent music magazine)
Hi-Fi Choice
What Hi-Fi

One pair of "Replay" jeans (ouch!)
One pair of "Chip n' Pepper" jeans (ouchx2)
One pair of "Firetrap - Veloce" leather boots (christ...the bank manager is gonna want a kidney from me after today)

Two bottles of Malt Whisky, one bottle of "Highland Park" and one bottle of "Talisker" (hic!....)

Oh.... and a new phone & contract that will save me a fortune every month and kinda offsets the above splurge over the length of a 12 month contract.

I did manage to grab a roll of xmas wrapping paper on my way home so my xmas shopping trip wasn't entirely a waste of time.

I must try harder on saturday......

Dec 16, 2006 at 1:36 AM Post #98 of 11,359
Linn LP 12 found at Audiogon last week. This is so excellent, pick one up if you get the chance.
It's going in tomorrow for an expert tune up at the local dealer.
Can't wait to hear the results.

LP12.JPG

Dec 16, 2006 at 6:47 AM Post #101 of 11,359
This:

and this:

both on 180gram Vinyl.

Also bought some DVDs for christmas presents today, Series one of Absolute Power and Series 1 and 2 of A Bit Of Fry and Laurie, which I hope will be highly amusing. We shall see...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back