post quotes, sayings, etc. whatever you like!
Jan 9, 2008 at 6:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 28

gallardo88

100+ Head-Fier
I see a lot of people have some quotes in their sigs, and there's quite a few I found interesting. Since head-fi seems like a place with so many original and intelligent people, I was wondering if you could post some quotes, sayings, etc.

and yes, this is partly for a school project, but I would be also very interested. thanks

Jan 9, 2008 at 6:06 AM Post #2 of 28
"When the lion wakes up every morning, he knows he must run faster than the slowest gazelle or he will surely starve to death. When the gazelle wakes up every morning, he knows he must run faster than the fastest lion or he will surely be eaten. Whether you are the lion or the gazelle, one thing is certain: When you wake up in the morning, you had better be running."

Jan 9, 2008 at 6:44 AM Post #3 of 28
"I dreamed about killing you again last night
And it felt alright to me"

Also check out my sig. Pretty much as deep as you can get...

Jan 9, 2008 at 8:25 AM Post #4 of 28
"I do not believe in the creed professed by the Jewish church, by the Roman church, by the Greek church, by the Protestant church, nor by any church that I know of. My own mind is my church." - Thomas Paine.

"Go to the house of thy friend often; for weeds choke the unused path." - Ralph Waldo Emmerson

"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan

Jan 9, 2008 at 9:30 AM Post #5 of 28
The Wright Brothers created the single greatest cultural force since the invention of writing. The airplane became the first World Wide Web, bringing people, languages, ideas, and values together.

— Bill Gates, CEO, Microsoft Corporation.

Jan 9, 2008 at 11:08 PM Post #6 of 28
"I've been mad for f-u-c-*-i-n-g years, absolutely years, been
over the edge for yonks, been working me buns off for bands..."
"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the
most of us...very hard to explain why you're mad, even
if you're not mad..." -pink floyd

"This is off our first record, most people don't own it" -cobain, unplugged

"...we shall defend our Island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender..." -churchill

"Its not true that married men live longer then unmarried men, it just seems longer" -friedrich nietzsche

Jan 9, 2008 at 11:16 PM Post #7 of 28
"The really valuable thing in the pageant of human life seems to me not the political state, but the creative, sentient individual, the personality; it alone creates the noble and the sublime, while the herd as such remains dull in thought and dull in feeling."
-Einstein

"I am truly a 'lone traveler' and have never belonged to my country, my home, my friends, or even my immediate family, with my whole heart; in the face of all these ties, I have never lost a sense of distance and a need for solitude..."
-Einstein

Jan 9, 2008 at 11:27 PM Post #10 of 28
“An acid body means that there is an excess of hydrogen ions which combine with oxygen to form water. This excess hydrogen depletes the body’s oxygen. Simply stated, a shortage of oxygen causes cells to break down and die, creating acidosis.”
Gillian "I'm not a real doctor, but I would like a look at your poo, please" McKeith. Just another example of her "genius"...

Jan 9, 2008 at 11:27 PM Post #11 of 28
"A government is the most dangerous threat to man's rights: it holds a legal monopoly on the use of physical force against legally disarmed victims."
Ayn Rand

"Immaturity is the incapacity to use one's intelligence without the guidance of another."
Immanuel Kant

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."
Albert Camus

"What would you rather, that I find you ugly or that I be blind"

Jan 9, 2008 at 11:31 PM Post #13 of 28
The religion of one age is the literary entertainment of the next.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Jan 9, 2008 at 11:31 PM Post #14 of 28
"It's not worth winning if you can't win big." - Senator Dick Dodge (while coaching the other team in the mighty ducks movie.)

Jan 9, 2008 at 11:42 PM Post #15 of 28
"Survival kit contents check. In them you'll find: one forty-five caliber automatic; two boxes of ammunition; four days' concentrated emergency rations; one drug issue containing antibiotics, morphine, vitamin pills, pep pills, sleeping pills, tranquilizer pills; one miniature combination Russian phrase book and Bible; one hundred dollars in rubles; one hundred dollars in gold; nine packs of chewing gum; one issue of prophylactics; three lipsticks; three pair of nylon stockings. Shoot, a fella' could have a pretty good weekend in Vegas with all that stuff."-Major Kong

Users who are viewing this thread

Back