Post Pictures of Your Instrument and more!
May 12, 2009 at 12:09 PM Post #571 of 597
Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxvla /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Finally got around to taking a pic of my viola:

viola.jpg

1981 Tauno Ekonen 16" and 1997 Seifert sterling w/ sterling tip plate.

Using full Pirazzi at the moment.

That's a rather pretty-lookin viola.
normal_smile .gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by musicmind /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are you interested in a steel string acoustic or a nylon string classical guitar?

Yamaha, Takamine, L'arrive and Seagull all make very good steel string acoustic guitars in the ~500$ price range. Taylor and Guild are better yet but probably a bit above the budget you have set. Yamaha and Takamine classical guitars are also very reasonably priced.
It is important to play test a few personally, even if you have narrowed it down to a particular make & model, because the natural variation in wood does mean some guitars project and sustain a bit better. Also bear in mind, the OEM strings that come on most guitars are quite cheap and thin guage, so a restring to a slightly thicker gauge set will yield better tone. Be sure to get the intonation and action set with the better strings that you upgrade to.

Hope that helps
smily_headphones1.gif

Thank you! I'll keep my eyes peeled. Not quite sure whether I have time to practice though...

Quote:

The difference between evah and dominant is so vast, your comment here has completely discredited your opinions on string choice. Fortunately for you, Vision Solo is a good string. (FYI Evahs are a multi-filiment synthetic string, whereas Dominants are a single mass of synthetic material.)

Dominants are nice strings and deserve the mass-appeal they get. Evahs are brighter, more powerful, higher tension and louder under the ear. The sound is a little bit less focussed than say a gut string, or Larsens. They don't last very long either.

May 12, 2009 at 2:51 PM Post #572 of 597
Quote:

Finally got around to taking a pic of my viola:

http://stashbox.org/513540/viola.jpg

1981 Tauno Ekonen 16" and 1997 Seifert sterling w/ sterling tip plate.

Using full Pirazzi at the moment.

Pretty looking viola indeed! Enjoy!
biggrin.gif

May 12, 2009 at 4:28 PM Post #573 of 597
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Pretty looking viola indeed! Enjoy!
biggrin.gif

The maker of my viola is from your neck of the woods, if you couldn't tell by the name. I've met him several times and he lives in my city now.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 12, 2009 at 4:31 PM Post #574 of 597
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkpowder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dominants are nice strings and deserve the mass-appeal they get. Evahs are brighter, more powerful, higher tension and louder under the ear. The sound is a little bit less focussed than say a gut string, or Larsens. They don't last very long either.

Right, which is why I was refuting his statement that synthetic strings all sound alike.

May 13, 2009 at 3:15 AM Post #576 of 597
Bach%2042B.JPG

May 15, 2009 at 1:56 AM Post #577 of 597
One of my guitars. I need to take pictures of the other one. My other is a Epiphone PR7E/TBK Acoustic Electric with cutout for the higher frets on the body, in black.

May 15, 2009 at 11:14 AM Post #579 of 597
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drag0n /img/forum/go_quote.gif
One of my guitars. I need to take pictures of the other one. My other is a Epiphone PR7E/TBK Acoustic Electric with cutout for the higher frets on the body, in black.

Perfect guitar for playing those campfire songs!
biggrin.gif

May 15, 2009 at 2:04 PM Post #581 of 597
anyone into Synthesizers?'

dont see much of them.

May 15, 2009 at 2:54 PM Post #582 of 597
Quote:

Originally Posted by dfkt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Perfect guitar for playing those campfire songs!
biggrin.gif

Just have to bring a generator for the 100 watt amp with 2 12" speakers in it....lol.....it cranks!
very_evil_smiley.gif

May 15, 2009 at 3:46 PM Post #583 of 597
My Epiphone PR7E Acoustic /Electric in Black Birdseye Maple & My BC Rich Warlock

May 15, 2009 at 7:08 PM Post #585 of 597
eek.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back