Post Pictures of Your Instrument and more!
Apr 4, 2007 at 5:22 PM Post #241 of 597
Quote:

Originally Posted by roastpuff /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Depths of the brown... noise?

Anyhow. I did a 20-minute session just mucking around - and discovered that the only riffs I could remember was the opening to Welcome to the Jungle and James Bond's theme... Had to use headphones, and was unpleasantly reminded of how noisy the amp's headphone jack was...

i can just imagine how horrible those cans sounded - guitar amps and headphones just dont seem to get along! the funny thing is, the cleanest i've heard was from one of those toy fender minitwinns - the speaker was so horrible that the headphone out was an improvement!

0234809000v1_amd.jpg

Apr 4, 2007 at 10:46 PM Post #242 of 597
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i can just imagine how horrible those cans sounded - guitar amps and headphones just dont seem to get along! the funny thing is, the cleanest i've heard was from one of those toy fender minitwinns - the speaker was so horrible that the headphone out was an improvement!

0234809000v1_amd.jpg

Is that a toy??!! Is it smaller than Pignose?

Apr 5, 2007 at 2:02 AM Post #243 of 597
Quote:

Originally Posted by Romanee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is that a toy??!! Is it smaller than Pignose?

nope. fully functional with a 9 volt. it actually has a nice crunchy spitty OD. some clever folks use it as a stomp box to get that lo-fi sound, hehe. mine's still collecting dust in the closet - maybe i'll bring it to the next meet for a Real Guitar Hero III - but still using headphones of course!

Apr 5, 2007 at 3:57 PM Post #244 of 597
Ok, here's my other beloved that's also up for sale. A 1975 Martin D-35 that sounds spectacular. Was just waiting for the store to get around to posting pics of it online.

As with my Gibson, let me know if you are interested.

Martind35N356820.jpg

Apr 5, 2007 at 4:01 PM Post #245 of 597
Quote:

Originally Posted by rlanger /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok, here's my other beloved that's also up for sale. A 1975 Martin D-35 that sounds spectacular. Was just waiting for the store to get around to posting pics of it online.

As with my Gibson, let me know if you are interested.

Martind35N356820.jpg

Fantastic looking Acoustic rlanger

Apr 5, 2007 at 5:23 PM Post #246 of 597
parting with your babies must be true suckage. i hope you're selling so you can get your dream guitar! although doing it to buy a monster amp is commendable too, hehe.

Apr 5, 2007 at 11:24 PM Post #249 of 597
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
parting with your babies must be true suckage. i hope you're selling so you can get your dream guitar! although doing it to buy a monster amp is commendable too, hehe.

No new axe for me, unfortunately. I just haven't played them for years, so I finally figured I'd get rid of them.

I worked for a number of years as a professional musician, but developed a problem with my hand years ago and had to give it up. So, it's almost depressing to have them around.

BTW, are you bringing a guitar to the meet? Looking forward to meeting you.

Apr 7, 2007 at 3:02 AM Post #250 of 597
Between my Dad and myself, we have several guitars that rarely get used. We each have an electric, and he also has an acoustic that's been in the basement for ages.

Now that i've developed an appreciation for wood, I wanted to see what my old electric is made out of.

It's an Ibanez EX160 electric guitar. Turns out it has a natural oil finished body made from maple, a maple neck, and rosewood fretboard. The thing weighs a ton compared to my classical guitars!

Not bad for a starter electric...

Apr 7, 2007 at 3:47 AM Post #251 of 597
Alas I have no photos. My music box contains...

1. Ovation Legend Signature
2. African Djembe
3. 3-Native American Flutes
4. Roland Juno Alpha
5. 2-Recorders
6. 2-Ocarina
7. Pennywhistle
8. Knight Baby Grand Piano

Gee, I didn't realize how many things were in there till I took a head count.
wink.gif

Apr 9, 2007 at 2:27 AM Post #253 of 597
That's a lovely mandolin (?) cooter!
I think that deserves a few closeup pictures all it's own.
biggrin.gif

Apr 9, 2007 at 2:41 AM Post #254 of 597
Which one? The one on the right is a '97 Mid-Missouri M2 and the one in the center is a Japanese mid-60's Bruno Conqueror. I can take some better pix tomorrow in the natural light.

Here's a pic from our last gig. I had a small cut on my thumb so I put some superglue over it to keep it from getting worse. Unfortunately the edge of the glue kept getting caught on the strings so I ripped it off. Needless to say, that caused other problems.

It looks worse than it really was.

bloodyhand.jpg

bloodymando.jpg

Apr 9, 2007 at 3:02 AM Post #255 of 597
Opps, silly me, I didn't notice that you had two. I was talking about the one on the right. The center one is a beauty also!

The M2 looks to have a maple type of wood on the sides, with a very nice figure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back