post pics of your office setup!
Oct 5, 2011 at 5:12 PM Post #16 of 30
Quote:
Bobeau - that looks (and probably sounds) amazing. 

Thanks.  I do tend to enjoy coming into work a bit more than I should.
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:
      Quote:
How are the Edition 8s with the WA6 ?

The best I've heard so far.  I've run them through an Icon HDP, Anedio D1, SinglePower Slam PPX3 6sn7, DNA Sonett, and regular WA6SE.  My ranking is WA6SE maxxed > Sonett > reg WA6SE > Slam > HDP > Anedio.  Not a big fan of the Anedio/Saber sound.  

The key thing is they're pretty closed in headphones, I run the Woo w/ 6ew7s and esp. an EML 274b to blow up the soundstage.  Important when you use them 4+ hours every day.  The EML really makes the key difference - tried a miniwatt GZ34, Sophia Princess 274b, EML 5u4g, and the EML 274 is where it's at for me.   

Oct 5, 2011 at 6:46 PM Post #17 of 30

Quote:
Working at home. This almost feels like cheating.
wink.gif

The work PC is also the media server, and it hosts the DAC. I posted some more in the general pictures thread. Some details are in my profile.

nice setup, i hope the b&w speakers are treating your right, i got some as the fronts in my front room system and they are just great!, when ever i listen to them i think i should get into speakers.

Oct 6, 2011 at 2:05 AM Post #18 of 30
It was the other way around for me. The K 701 were only an afterthought to the speaker system--to have something comfortable for night listening. Then I came to Head-Fi, and now I'm looking at all kinds of headphone related stuff...

Oct 6, 2011 at 8:54 AM Post #20 of 30
These work rigs are quite elaborate... I wouldnt trust leaving stuff like that in many of the workplaces I've been!

I take my headphones home with me at this point since I don't have a home setup yet. If I finally end up getting an LCD-2/Lyr for home, then I'll probably leave my headphones locked in a drawer. As for the DAC and amp, I take them home on only weekends since I'm pretty sure that nobody knows that those two boxes held together by an elastic cost $600. I would only get a full-size amp if I had my own office.

Oct 6, 2011 at 10:50 AM Post #21 of 30
Locking storage cabinets in my cube. Nothing I really care about is left out. 

Oct 6, 2011 at 11:02 AM Post #22 of 30
Basic rule of thumb - people will steal what they know.  If they don't know what it is, they can't ascertain a value to it, and they don't know what channels to resell to get what its worth.

I put my ED8s in a one of my cabinets but leave the rest out.  Just on the fact that they look like some nice headphones.  The rest of the stuff no one would have any idea.  They might think somehow its work related without the headphones there.  Stealing something that is property of the company is surefire way to get you fired or in jail. The building has cameras everywhere, all entrance doors require keycards, and there are security guards roaming the hallways on off hours.

This is coming from a guy who had an ipod dock stolen off my desk by the night cleaning crew.  I have an android tablet for a prototype project that I do lock up when not in use.

Oct 6, 2011 at 7:52 PM Post #23 of 30
I understand all that, it's just that in some of the workplaces I've been in, with hundreds of people on the same floor, leave something fancy out and when you come back the next day it may be gone.

Oct 7, 2011 at 1:19 PM Post #24 of 30
Quote:
I understand all that, it's just that in some of the workplaces I've been in, with hundreds of people on the same floor, leave something fancy out and when you come back the next day it may be gone.

That's exactly the situation I'm in, about 500 people on my floor.  I've worked in 3 large office buildings like this for 7-8 years now, and about 4-5 smaller companies over the last 15 years since I graduated school.  Only the $30 dock has walked off.  I've had times where like $50k in equipment was sitting out in the open.  Once I was the lead dev on a Windows Mobile product for a couple years, had a test suit of 8 rugged Symbol devices sitting on my desk.  Over $2k each device at the time, with all the docks and accessories about $20k of stuff that could easily be lifted.  During that time someone had their $300 iPaq lifted and I joked to them about how the thief should have looked around a bit more.  The person who steals stuff from an environment like this are cleaning crew folk who only understand the value of basic consumer electronics.  

Oct 7, 2011 at 1:23 PM Post #25 of 30
That's exactly the situation I'm in, about 500 people on my floor.  I've worked in 3 large office buildings like this for 7-8 years now, and about 4-5 smaller companies over the last 15 years since I graduated school.  Only the $30 dock has walked off.  I've had times where like $50k in equipment was sitting out in the open.  Once I was the lead dev on a Windows Mobile product for a couple years, had a test suit of 8 rugged Symbol devices sitting on my desk.  Over $2k each device at the time, with all the docks and accessories about $20k of stuff that could easily be lifted.  During that time someone had their $300 iPaq lifted and I joked to them about how the thief should have looked around a bit more.  The person who steals stuff from an environment like this are cleaning crew folk who only understand the value of basic consumer electronics.  
Also, unless the thief intends to keep it, you'll find your Edition 8 LE #701 in the local classified ads or eBay :)

Oct 7, 2011 at 8:08 PM Post #26 of 30
Nice headphone stand... is one of those $14 home depot Rubbermaid FastTrack Hose Hook stands right?

What did you put on the top to avoid damaging the leather?

Quote:
Apologies for the terrible iPhone 4 photo, this is my work setup...

Win7 -> Audiophilleo 2 -> Metrum Octave -> maxxed WA6SE -> Edition 8 LE

The Audiophilleo and Metrum's external ps are hidden behind the monitor.

Oct 8, 2011 at 7:22 AM Post #27 of 30
^ yes that's a Rubbermaid hose hook. I use pieces of the foam from a Grado pizza box on top for protection

Oct 8, 2011 at 11:09 AM Post #28 of 30

Quote:
Also, unless the thief intends to keep it, you'll find your Edition 8 LE #701 in the local classified ads or eBay
smily_headphones1.gif

Ha indeed... for the record it's #206, just in case some head-fier happens upon it and there is no record of me selling it here 
biggrin.gif

Quote:
Nice headphone stand... is one of those $14 home depot Rubbermaid FastTrack Hose Hook stands right?

What did you put on the top to avoid damaging the leather? 

Yep.  Just some pink foam packaging material I cut into a small rectangle.  It actually doesn't look too hot up close, been meaning to work a proper solution but been lazy.  

Oct 11, 2011 at 2:20 PM Post #29 of 30
they tend to think i am crazy... and that pictures is just part of it... I do have an stereo set up..
haahha
And yes,.. it is my office

Nov 23, 2011 at 1:46 AM Post #30 of 30
img_0566.jpg
image2.png
img_0532.jpg
img_0536.jpg
img_0559.jpg
img_0563.jpg
img_0561.jpg
I have multiple computers attached to the various monitors. My main system is on the left and attached to the three largest monitors. I've built a complete article on it's construction and details on the computers over on at Office « DanielHeth’s Blog feel free to leave comments either here or there. I'm looking for a new computer desk design which would suit my multiple monitor setup... so if you guys have any ideas...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back