Post Pics of your Mods... (DIY Electronics Modification Gallery)
Feb 1, 2011 at 10:47 AM Post #16 of 25
I've made a few adjustments to my X-10 v3 and picked up another one cheaply and outfitted it similarly.

X-10 v3 #1

This includes a NOS pair of GE pencil tubes, a set of TO-220 heatsinks and some nicer resistors in the signal path (Kiwame, Takman).

Here's X-10 v3 #2

Both are relatively similar, but this one makes use of some non-polarized Mundorf and Silmic caps.

May 17, 2011 at 12:06 PM Post #17 of 25
Another MHDT mod; this is a modified Paradisea NOS DAC. Nothing changed in the circuit, but quite a few parts got switched out. Below is the original unit.

And this is the modified unit. Most of the metal film resistors were swapped with various carbon film, from Takman to Kiwame. Eight film caps were replaced, including six Obbligatos and two Mundorf Silver/Oil as the output caps.

As always, you can find more build notes, photos and details at DIYAudioBlog.com

May 19, 2011 at 10:32 PM Post #18 of 25
I see a whole lot of huge caps.  Is there any credible documentation stating large caps improves sound stage, bass etc..?

May 20, 2011 at 12:28 AM Post #19 of 25
Why stir up a bees nest in a thread dedicated to things people are proud to work on? You have had your own threads to doubt this in.

HF9:
Cool work, good to see you still keeping at something you enjoy doing. 

May 20, 2011 at 2:56 AM Post #20 of 25
I love the seat for the mundorf caps in the X-10 v3 #2.
Great work!

Jun 1, 2011 at 8:51 PM Post #21 of 25
This thread needs to stay alive...

Some pics of my Technics SL-B1.  When I got it, the hard-wired audio cables were pretty ragged, so I replaced them with gold plated RCA jacks, and replaced some rough looking wire internally. Also replaced the slip mat with drawer liner.

Jun 4, 2011 at 12:16 AM Post #22 of 25
This is really inspiring--even for a chick.  I'm hoping to mod my Jupiter CDP

May 9, 2014 at 3:22 AM Post #23 of 25
THREAD REVIVE

Here are a few things I've done in the past year or so. Nothing chip related though. 

DIY Manufaktur

DIY HD600 grills for my HD580

DIY Headband paint job

Increasing the inner cup volume of my D2000

I've done SEVERAL M50 detachable mods for people.

RSA-1/4 adapter

My T50RP cups, still a work in progress. I have to install SMC connectors in them when they arrive in the mail so I can use Hifiman cables with them.

May 9, 2014 at 7:14 AM Post #24 of 25
Originally Posted by cCasper TFG /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  THREAD REVIVE

Here are a few things I've done in the past year or so. Nothing chip related though. 

DIY Manufaktur

DIY HD600 grills for my HD580

DIY Headband paint job

Increasing the inner cup volume of my D2000

I've done SEVERAL M50 detachable mods for people.

RSA-1/4 adapter

My T50RP cups, still a work in progress. I have to install SMC connectors in them when they arrive in the mail so I can use Hifiman cables with them.

Those carbon fiber striped T50RP cups are gorgeous, dude. I'd love to see the final product!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back