Post Pics of Your Halloween Costumes
Oct 28, 2007 at 7:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 48

Marzie

100+ Head-Fier
Any of you dressing up for Halloween? Maybe you are going to a Halloween party or just dressing up to hand out candy...

PIC-0055.jpg

My birthday is on Halloween and this is my first year in this apartment complex; they only allow kids from the apartment complex to trick or treat here and they are supposed to be doing it today, however I have yet to see anybody outside with their costumes or have anybody knock on my door. This is kind of disappointing since I don't have kids and I am not going to any parties on Halloween. So, instead of letting this costume I bought go to waste, I am posting a pic of me in it here. Feel free to do the same!

EDIT: OK, 1 kid has come to my door. Only 1 hour and $30 worth of candy to go... I sense that some kids are gonna have heavy(er) bags when they leave my place.

Oct 28, 2007 at 10:25 PM Post #3 of 48
Is today Halloween? (I seriously have no idea what today is)

Edit:
ahh.. that's better.. I had my calender on my comp flipped on sept.

Oct 28, 2007 at 11:40 PM Post #4 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by xnothingpoetic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is today Halloween? (I seriously have no idea what today is)

Edit:
ahh.. that's better.. I had my calender on my comp flipped on sept.

LOL, in case you haven't realized, no, today is not Halloween. My apartment complex just has the kids go out today, I am assuming for better turnout and safer hours.

Oct 28, 2007 at 11:50 PM Post #5 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by blessingx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not me, but ...

[!IMG]http://media.techeblog.com/images/iphonecostume.jpg[/IMG]

Wow, are those televisions they are using? I don't know if I would want to put a grand (or more) into a costume, let alone 2 costumes. And how are they powering them, whatever they are?

Oct 28, 2007 at 11:54 PM Post #6 of 48
Well, after all was said and done, about 10 kids came by today. I still have 2 nearly full bowls of candy and we were giving away full size kit cat and reese's too.

Oct 29, 2007 at 12:48 AM Post #8 of 48
Really? Its pretty popular here, quite a bit is spent on decorations and costumes (couldn't find any figures.) You should Google it, if you are not at all familiar. There are scores and scores of American movies that are centered around this holiday. It's not a national holiday, but many do "celebrate" it by decorating their houses and yards to look like graveyards or (the new trend) putting huge inflatable spiders or other objects in their yard. My guess is walmart has something to do with that. Then on the 31st of October (Halloween) many put their kids in costumes and take them to different houses in the neighborhood to knock on doors and say "Trick or treat" which is when the homeowner gives them candy.

My uncle used to spend a LOT on this holiday, from the real coffin he put in his yard, complete with a fake corpse that pops out when a motion sensor trips it, to smoke machines, to the $200-500 spent yearly on costumes for his family. They were really into special effects around that time, so they would have Hollywood grade masks and makeup.

Oct 29, 2007 at 3:59 PM Post #9 of 48
He he!
Thank god few people celebrate Halloween around here..

Oct 29, 2007 at 4:40 PM Post #10 of 48
Hoping I can get a picture lined up. Hallowe'en party was also a kegger, so there was no way I was lugging the SLR to a fizzy yellow grave.

Pretty sad year for me though (I tend to go all out... or at least as ridiculous as I can be). I threw on a toque with ratty fake hair, wore my normal worn-out clothes and carried a squeegie... I was a Homeless Toronto youth. Yes, I begged for change all night.

Reserved for hopeful incoming pic!

Oct 29, 2007 at 4:44 PM Post #11 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by Marzie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Really? Its pretty popular here, quite a bit is spent on decorations and costumes (couldn't find any figures.) You should Google it, if you are not at all familiar. There are scores and scores of American movies that are centered around this holiday. It's not a national holiday, but many do "celebrate" it by decorating their houses and yards to look like graveyards or (the new trend) putting huge inflatable spiders or other objects in their yard. My guess is walmart has something to do with that. Then on the 31st of October (Halloween) many put their kids in costumes and take them to different houses in the neighborhood to knock on doors and say "Trick or treat" which is when the homeowner gives them candy.

My uncle used to spend a LOT on this holiday, from the real coffin he put in his yard, complete with a fake corpse that pops out when a motion sensor trips it, to smoke machines, to the $200-500 spent yearly on costumes for his family. They were really into special effects around that time, so they would have Hollywood grade masks and makeup.

Christians are against the celebrations/decorations.

Oct 29, 2007 at 5:28 PM Post #13 of 48
Not going to dress up this year, but I used this for the past two Halloweens (school and then work).
PICT0788.jpg

Yes that is a Zen V Plus and yes I realize most of the portrayals of Jesus don't have beards that long, but I wanted something, and that was all the store had. Won an award for most original costume too.

Oct 29, 2007 at 6:07 PM Post #14 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by kanamin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not going to dress up this year, but I used this for the past two Halloweens (school and then work).
[!IMG]http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j17/jeetoi/PICT0788.jpg[/IMG]
Yes that is a Zen V Plus and yes I realize most of the portrayals of Jesus don't have beards that long, but I wanted something, and that was all the store had. Won an award for most original costume too.

Totally awesome! We had someone in our area who looked a lot like that everyday (people even called him Jesus), so on halloween it wasn't hard for him to complete the costume. Although, I think he started to believe he really was Jesus and got hospitalized...
plainface.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back