Post pics of your computer rigs here.
Feb 10, 2007 at 4:42 AM Post #257 of 723
Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverBlade /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here's my system:

computersmall.jpg

Why's there Lotion and Kleenex on the desk? You must get dry skin and a runny nose during the winter.
icon10.gif

Feb 10, 2007 at 6:32 AM Post #258 of 723
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gautama /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why do we use expensive DACs with complicated algorithms, uber amps, and such when we can just use motherboard out and be done with it?

Its just frickin better.

Better means works better, not is more complicated for no good reason. If the headphone out on my motherboard sounded better than my amp, I wouldn't use the amp.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatticus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How do you go forwards and backwards in web pages using your mouse with only one button?

Click on those little arrows right there on the browser.

Feb 10, 2007 at 6:50 AM Post #259 of 723
Quote:

Originally Posted by ojnihs /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't know about you, but I always felt the back and forward buttons on the browsers worked perfectly well. Apple + left arrow and Apple + right arrow work perfectly well as well, if you don't mind using the keyboard.

But I do mind using the keyboard. I use just my thumb on two buttons on my mouse to accomplish the same thing. It's much quicker and easier that way. Anyway, Apple now has a multiple button mouse for the Mac.

Feb 10, 2007 at 7:03 AM Post #260 of 723
Quote:

Originally Posted by pheonix991 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wear flipflops... Do those count as sandals? If so, I want you to go find my compy.

No fliflops don't count as sandals. Flipflops are ghetto. You need those nice expensive leather sandals if you want to be a Mac user.

Feb 10, 2007 at 7:27 AM Post #261 of 723
This was the old setup:

compbefore.jpg

This is the new setup:

compdone.jpg

Feb 10, 2007 at 11:49 AM Post #265 of 723
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zuerst /img/forum/go_quote.gif
TempSetup.jpg

Where'd you get that headphone case from? I've been looking for one for a while now.

Feb 10, 2007 at 5:48 PM Post #268 of 723
Quote:

Originally Posted by JSTpt1022 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mr. Vile, I'm just curious why you went from liquid to air?

looking at the pics he was trying to cool both a cpu and a gpu with only a 120mm rad. air probably gives him better temps.

to cool both you need at least a double (240mm) rad and I use a tripple to cool my cpu and gpu

Feb 10, 2007 at 9:38 PM Post #269 of 723
Quote:

Originally Posted by soloz2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
looking at the pics he was trying to cool both a cpu and a gpu with only a 120mm rad. air probably gives him better temps.

to cool both you need at least a double (240mm) rad and I use a tripple to cool my cpu and gpu

Not quite.

On water, I was still getting ~30°C CPU load temps and ~45°C GPU load temps, even on a single rad. Now that I'm on air, my CPU load temps are closer to 45°C and the GPU runs about 65°C.

Water used to be very helpful when I overclocked, but since I'm done with that (OCing = NO noticeable benefit) I don't have the need for a water system anymore. Air is safer, less hassle to maintain, easier to carry around for lans and stuff, and is actually a bit quieter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back