Post Pics of your Bikes
Aug 24, 2005 at 6:09 AM Post #16 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by grandenigma1
nice ride USER NAME: I have a Klein as well... thinks back to the days I was sponsered... now I sit in class rooms and at a computer all day
frown.gif
... I need to go to bed Ill get some pics later...and pretend I am still able to get out and ride...

my bikes got a horn.

It's fun.

Aug 24, 2005 at 5:27 PM Post #21 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by grawk
That's the bike I'm getting from MexicanDragon....

Its still my bike for now, dambit!

<g>

**BRENT**

Aug 24, 2005 at 5:42 PM Post #22 of 35
I can't find my digicam, but I have a Fuji Espree. It's old, but it's still pretty light. I have a Bike Nashbar computer and Continental 1000 tires, along with nifty plastic toe clips that are really easy to get in and out of. Otherwise, it's all the original stuff, except for the handlebars, I put new cork tape and rubber brake hoods on. Overall, I really like it. My only gripes are the shifters and brakes - It has shifters mounted on the bottom bar about 6" above the top of the waterbottle. The brakes have the wire coming out of the back, so sometimes it gets in the way. I would prefer newer shifter/brake combinations, the ones where the shift levers are under the brake levers and the brake wire comes out the bottom. My dads '95 Trek bike has them and they're nice. - and the tires. They have thicker tires (maybe 1"), since the bike is like 20 years old. I would prefer thinner ones like my dads Trek has (maybe .5"). I'll put up some pics when I can. I also have a Schwinn mountain bike, but I don't ride on trails much and the gearing is unbearably low. The biggest pedal gear on the Schwinn is smaller than the smallest pedal gear on the Fuji, and I generally keep the Fuji on the biggest pedal gear and the second smallest wheel gear.

Aug 25, 2005 at 6:06 AM Post #28 of 35
My Specialized mountain bike was stolen from our condo's 'bike room' last year and I bought this puppy. A lot lighter (and faster) than the Specialized

04-Cypress-SL.jpg

Aug 25, 2005 at 6:53 AM Post #29 of 35
I rented a Gary Fisher Joshua a couple of weeks ago when I went on a 24 mile coastline ride in anchorage. The bike rental shop had a bunch of crap sitting out. I told the bike rental manager that I demanded the best so stop messing around and bring me a real bike or I'm going somewhere else.
evil_smiley.gif

1999_Gary_Fisher_Level_Betty-bikes.jpg

It was just like this but it was yellow.

Aug 25, 2005 at 7:29 AM Post #30 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by reynman
My Specialized mountain bike was stolen from our condo's 'bike room' last year and I bought this puppy. A lot lighter (and faster) than the Specialized

04-Cypress-SL.jpg

I had the same thing happen to me. My totally custom Mesa was stolen from my old apartment in Des Plaines by this heroin junkie that lived next door. He also crashed in to my 3 day old car in the parking lot. He didn't have insurance or a license. This guy was a scumbag and He put my 1 year old daughter in a position where her life was in danger. When I found out he took my bike (and also climbed in through my windows to steal random items to pawn for dope), I took 5 of his teeth. I just had a crown put on after I had a root canal, so I figured 4 teeth should be about fair compensation, but my flashlight wasn't quite accurate enough to only remove four, so 5 it was. He's just lucky I didn't pull the Beretta 92FS brigadier. Then I turned him in to the cops because he had a warrant. I saved up some cash and now I have the KLEIN that I really wanted and live in a safer place.

By the way, your bike looks both light and fast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back