Post pic(s) of your latest "significant" purchase(s)!!! v2.0
Apr 21, 2013 at 7:04 AM Post #3,211 of 4,134
Quote:
If you want to make it reliable, just drop an american V8 in it. :p

I'm a sucker for the "old" OHV GM LSx V8 engines.

I love the LS3 in the Vette.  Anyways finally got a "clean" photo of the new ride I posted a ways up.  I'll throw a few up on here...black really looks great when clean.

Apr 21, 2013 at 11:02 AM Post #3,212 of 4,134
Quote:
Quote:
If you want to make it reliable, just drop an american V8 in it. :p

I'm a sucker for the "old" OHV GM LSx V8 engines.

I love the LS3 in the Vette.  Anyways finally got a "clean" photo of the new ride I posted a ways up.  I'll throw a few up on here...black really looks great when clean.

eek.gif

Apr 28, 2013 at 7:53 AM Post #3,214 of 4,134
Not sure if this counts as a significan purchase, as the most vital parts (brush + stand, razor and shaving cream) were gifts I recieved for my birthday.
I thought I'd post it anyways, as it's been a significant cange for me. Shaving feels so much better now! It went from being an ardous chore to an enjoyable ritual.
The shave is much smoother, and my face doesn't feel sore and dry after!

Thought I'd trow this in as well, just for fun
rolleyes.gif

2.53-2.54 This is the kind of comparison that infuriates the manufacturers of electric razors. On the left is a man's beard hair, cleanly sliced by the blade of a "wet" razor.
On the right is a beard hair from the same man, torn and mangled by the action of an electric razor. Since each hair is approximately one fifth of a millimetre in diameter,
the difference visible to the naked eye is little or none, and the difference felt by someone kissing is likely to be more imagined than real. Nonetheless, one can see why
the manufacturers of electric razors would have preferred it if the scanning electron microscope had never been invented.
SEMs, both x275

Apr 28, 2013 at 8:20 AM Post #3,216 of 4,134
Quote:
Nice metro set you got there.
biggrin.gif

As opposed to the Gilette vibrating thousand blade plastic razor, super hydrating mega-gel and ICE aftershave gel most dudes use?
tongue.gif

The only way of shaving manlier than this has to be with a straight razor, Sweeny Todd style!
I agree there's a lot of L'Oreal crap there, but that's what they had in the store. Norway is such a tiny country that anything remotely special has to be ordered online, and often from abroad.
I've ordered a set of shaving cream, aftershave balm and cologne from Truefitt & Hill, and that's about as non metrosexual as you can get!
They've been making men's shaving supplies since 1805, and I'll be damned if their stuff isn't manly!
Check out their site if you should have any doubts.

Apr 28, 2013 at 8:49 AM Post #3,218 of 4,134
Can't wait for the package to arrive in the mail
biggrin.gif

Apr 29, 2013 at 2:21 AM Post #3,220 of 4,134
Quote:
haha most people here would be over the moon awaiting a new headphone/amp package to come you're pretty excited about having a new shaving kit, yeah?

Yeah
rolleyes.gif

It will be some time until my next headphone related purchase, and I still haven't decided whether to get the Fostex T50RP, save up for a Shchiit Asgard 2 or save up for the Mad Dogs.
Choices, choices
redface.gif

Apr 29, 2013 at 4:09 AM Post #3,222 of 4,134
But in what order?

Apr 29, 2013 at 4:21 PM Post #3,224 of 4,134
Quote:
Mad Dogs then A2.

Is that considering the fact that I already own a pair of Denon AH-D7000?
They're awesome and I love them; but I daren't use them outside
rolleyes.gif

The Mad Dogs would replace my AKG K518 DJ (got them used for practically nothing, after I gave up my D2000s), powered by a Colorfly C4 Pro on the go, and of course the DacMagic+/Asgard 2 when I'm for some reason not using the D7ks.

Apr 29, 2013 at 7:59 PM Post #3,225 of 4,134
Finally Updated the Old PC computer hope to not have to buy a system for a few years  

Final Specs 
CPU: Intel i7 3770k 
Mobo: Asus Sabertooth z77 
Ram: 16gb Kingston HyperX Black
GPU: Gigabyte Gtx 670 OC 
Cooling: Corsair H100 liquid cooler
Sound: Creative SB X-fi titanuim HD
Boot Drive: San Disk 64gb Sata 6gb SSD 
System Drive: OCZ RevoDrive x2 240gb PCIe SSD 
Storage Drives: 2x WD Black 1TB raid 0 
PSU:Corsair HX750W 
Case: Corsair 500r WHT