Post pic(s) of your latest "significant" purchase(s)!!! v2.0
Mar 21, 2013 at 8:31 AM Post #3,106 of 4,134
Quote:
My uncle had the original Blades and was a repeat Oakley customer. He says that the quality has dropped noticeably in recent years, and he no longer uses them. One of my Oakleys has a tint that's so uneven I can see colors change when I turn my head. You'd think that they'd improve their product as materials like Trivex (which Rudy Project calls ImpactX and Kaenon also uses sometimes) were introduced, but it seems they regressed and started banking on their name. It's not all their fault, though. They had a dispute over pricing with Luxxotica, who owns Sunglass Hut, Lens Crafters, Pearle Vision, and most of the sunglass brands people know about. Luxxotica removed Oakley products from their distribution, which drove their stock prices down. Then Luxxotica bought them up and used their monopoly power to add Oakley to their lower-quality-higher-cost business strategy.

I had the original Blades in the 1986 era when iridium "yellow Chrome" lens first came out. You could buy the glasses like parts, getting one color of frame and another color of lens and side frames. They were $100 back in the mid eighties when $100 was $100.

I lived near the factory in Irvine were they were first designed and made.The cool thing was if you had a broken pair they would replace them no questions asked. They have a lifetime warranty if you personally take em back and walk in the factory/design center in Irvine California. I have three pair now and the inner lens is peeling  on the Monster Dogs and Hyjinx designs which does affect the image quality. I know if I walk into the factory they will give me all new lens replacements. The deal with Oakley supposedly is the plastic protects your eyes from projectiles, even if the image quality is crap.

Mar 21, 2013 at 11:25 AM Post #3,107 of 4,134
Springfield TRP Operator. Already been out with it a couple times, once for a class I took and am very happy with it. Will probably be my go to pistol for 3-gun competition. 

Mar 21, 2013 at 4:38 PM Post #3,108 of 4,134
Quote:
Springfield TRP Operator. Already been out with it a couple times, once for a class I took and am very happy with it. Will probably be my go to pistol for 3-gun competition. 

very nice

Mar 21, 2013 at 6:39 PM Post #3,110 of 4,134
Quote:

my wife and I got a new shih tsu puppy yesterday. headphones added to make photo more relevant 

I love my dog. Best thing ever. Congratulations!

Mar 22, 2013 at 1:23 AM Post #3,112 of 4,134

darthsmile.gif

Mar 22, 2013 at 1:48 AM Post #3,113 of 4,134
Mar 22, 2013 at 6:08 PM Post #3,114 of 4,134

Have you had any malfunctions thus far? I have thought about trading my custom HK45 for a 1911. I need one with a threaded barrel and the TRP is one of the few 1911s I have seen with that option.

Mar 22, 2013 at 6:34 PM Post #3,115 of 4,134
Quote:
Have you had any malfunctions thus far? I have thought about trading my custom HK45 for a 1911. I need one with a threaded barrel and the TRP is one of the few 1911s I have seen with that option.

Mine is a bull barrel but I believe threaded is an option in free states. I've only had about 400 rounds through it but it was flawless. I shot the bullseye clear out of my target at my CCW class and was switching between two hand, strong hand, and weak. It is more accurate than I will ever be with it. If you look at any shooting forums about the TRP you will see loads of feedback from owners with no issues. It's a very reliable 1911.

Mar 22, 2013 at 9:37 PM Post #3,116 of 4,134
Mine is a bull barrel but I believe threaded is an option in free states. I've only had about 400 rounds through it but it was flawless. I shot the bullseye clear out of my target at my CCW class and was switching between two hand, strong hand, and weak. It is more accurate than I will ever be with it. If you look at any shooting forums about the TRP you will see loads of feedback from owners with no issues. It's a very reliable 1911.

Oh yeah. Nice blaster.

I fired off a hundred rounds on my ccw today - Kimber Pro Carry II + mods.

(Every round I fire hurts these days with the ammo shortage price hosing fruit loops madness going on)

Mar 22, 2013 at 11:39 PM Post #3,117 of 4,134
I'd love to own/shoot a 1911 again. I can only shoot pistols as I have eye problems that prevent me from shooting rifles effectively at all.

I miss shooting in general.

Mar 23, 2013 at 12:29 AM Post #3,118 of 4,134

After much internet scavenging I finally found a storefront that sold her at a fair and not ludicrous price. I just placed the order, now to try and figure out where to display her

Mar 23, 2013 at 12:51 AM Post #3,120 of 4,134
Quote:
Oh man that's awesome. Do want.

Yeah shes a cutie isn't she. I was hoping to find something along the lines of the traditional Harley Quinn look. I sort of like the edgy Harley from the Arkham Asylum video game but I really wanted something with her in her more traditional outfit. Now if only I could find a Cat Woman that didn't look ultra cheap or wasn't dressed up super slutty I would be one happy geek.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back