Post pic(s) of your latest "significant" purchase(s)!!! v2.0
Mar 17, 2013 at 4:36 AM Post #3,077 of 4,134
Hi,

Bought a pair of late 1970's Micro Seiki MS-2 Electrostatic headphones with MP-1 Battery box for the princely sum of 20 Quid at a charity store. I was very surprised the iFi iCAN can drive them well (they are meant to be connected to speaker amp's), but it works beautifully!

Despite their age they work perfectly and this system gives anything I heard in headphones by far more than a run for the money!

This is probably my most significant headphone purchase (and my cheapest at that)...

Cheerio Rich

Mar 17, 2013 at 1:03 PM Post #3,079 of 4,134
Quote:
Hi,

Bought a pair of late 1970's Micro Seiki MS-2 Electrostatic headphones with MP-1 Battery box for the princely sum of 20 Quid at a charity store. I was very surprised the iFi iCAN can drive them well (they are meant to be connected to speaker amp's), but it works beautifully!

Despite their age they work perfectly and this system gives anything I heard in headphones by far more than a run for the money!

This is probably my most significant headphone purchase (and my cheapest at that)...

Cheerio Rich

They look beautiful. How are the pads after 40 years?

Mar 17, 2013 at 11:55 PM Post #3,082 of 4,134
It does it's job. Sounds good and doesn't stick to records due to static. Greatly reduces the static pop and what not.

I've heard from quite a few people it's really the only good upgrade option for this particular TT. Herbies has one but most of what I've read just puts the A23 mat above it.

Quote:
How do they justify the price?

Mar 18, 2013 at 3:52 AM Post #3,084 of 4,134
Hi,

Quote:
Quote:
Hi,

Cheerio Rich

They look beautiful. How are the pads after 40 years?

The patent leather or whatever the pads are made from feels a little stiff, but they are fine and still give a good seal (just lift slightly and you can tell the bass goes).

The state these are in in general is amazing, no scratches, dirt, scuff marks etc. Almost like they were NIB since the sale...

The Battery Box had an ancient Duracell "leakproof " battery in there, which leaked some liquid anyway, so I could not tell the date or much else (maybe mid 90's or earlier), the battery compartment was quite yucky, but drizabone.

Cheerio Rich

Mar 19, 2013 at 7:10 PM Post #3,087 of 4,134
Quote:
GTX Titan.
16 day waiting time before they get any in stock for delivery though...

Enjoy! Supposed to be an insanely powerful card.

Mar 19, 2013 at 7:41 PM Post #3,090 of 4,134
Quote:
Quote:
Enjoy! Supposed to be an insanely powerful card.

I kinda want two...

eek.gif
. Go for it, won't have to upgrade for about 5 years
wink_face.gif
 Anyways, latest purchase would be this beauty:

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back