Post pic(s) of your latest "significant" purchase(s)!!! v2.0
Mar 21, 2012 at 6:04 PM Post #2,236 of 4,134
I've got my eye on an 8" REL sub. I need one for my EDM, but for my classic rock it doesn't need one as much as I thought it would. Just lacks a wee bit of authority, but they sound great without one.

I don't really listen to much bass-oriented music but all of my music really got an improvement after I added a sub. Didn't really expect it but I was pleasantly surprised by what I was missing. Of course YMMV. :D

Mar 21, 2012 at 6:06 PM Post #2,237 of 4,134
I don't really listen to much bass-oriented music but all of my music really got an improvement after I added a sub. Didn't really expect it but I was pleasantly surprised by what I was missing. Of course YMMV. :D

For sure getting one and I know it'll fill them out nicely...but I was worried about not liking then without one. Not the case at all.

Mar 21, 2012 at 9:46 PM Post #2,240 of 4,134
It's hard to tell, but how far off the wall are those? I used to run the MG/12s with a set of the Emotiva XPA-1's. It is my favorite sound I have ever heard. I never got to use them and I didn't really have the room, so I sold it all. I always kept mine three feet off the wall. That is what I have read as the absolute minimum you should try and keep for them. I can't remember if the ribbons are supposed to go on the inside or outside.

Quote:

They work this time and they are awesome.

Mar 21, 2012 at 9:46 PM Post #2,241 of 4,134

Quote:
Oh yeah definitely! I was the same way. It's like buying superior gear once you do you cant go back.
biggrin.gif

I had no idea that you had the MMGs!

Mar 21, 2012 at 9:48 PM Post #2,242 of 4,134
They are about 2 to 2 & 1/2 feet off the wall. I'm moving to a bigger place where they can breath in July. Unfortunately they are a big constrained in this place because my roommate (who pays only 1/6th of the rent) complains about not having enough space.

Quote:
It's hard to tell, but how far off the wall are those? I used to run the MG/12s with a set of the Emotiva XPA-1's. It is my favorite sound I have ever heard. I never got to use them and I didn't really have the room, so I sold it all. I always kept mine three feet off the wall. That is what I have read as the absolute minimum you should try and keep for them. I can't remember if the ribbons are supposed to go on the inside or outside.

Mar 22, 2012 at 4:04 AM Post #2,245 of 4,134
Bought a completely custom Marina Militare homage from Jackson Tse. Custom dial, custom hands, custom numerals, custom everything awesome because I can. Can't wait for it to arrive! This is a photo (not mine) of a similar design. Will post pictures of mine in the Watch-Fi thread as soon as I get my grubby hands on it.

Also bought an Objective2 from JDS Labs. 

Mar 24, 2012 at 12:50 PM Post #2,249 of 4,134
Finally, I ve taken it :)

Mar 24, 2012 at 1:10 PM Post #2,250 of 4,134
Nice bike monoethylene. Single speed ftw
tongue_smile.gif

My latest purchase.. Wallet is pretty much empty now.

Next purchase going to be some 6,5-8" sub with them when I rob the bank again. Sounds surprisingly full without a sub though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back