Post pic(s) of your latest "significant" purchase(s)!!! v2.0
Aug 15, 2011 at 12:09 AM Post #1,246 of 4,134

Quote:
got my sr225i the other day. was too giddy, i forgot to get a 1/4 to 1/8 adapter cable. bah. but the store owner was kind enough to get me some darjeeling tea while auditioning the cans - he owns a pair himself, and an RS1i. i went for what's in my budget, and something i can woody along the road. as an aside, i did get some twining's right after. and a decent teaspoon set - 4 in total.

Twinings is garbage. Now that you've upgraded your cans now do the same to your tea. :)

Aug 15, 2011 at 12:27 AM Post #1,247 of 4,134
r00257092.jpg

Simon & Patrick Songsmith Burst with matching TRIC case. Before you ask, I don't have a big enough backdrop to take a picture of the entire guitar, so the headstock (part of it) will have to do for now. LOL.

Brendan

Aug 15, 2011 at 12:30 AM Post #1,248 of 4,134
Sunlight being the main factor (or just some indoor light), but the other being the general appearance for reading I find them much more appealing to look at. It's mostly preference I guess, but still.

Also, not worried about eye strain...Like...killing my eyes. But I do get headaches from some glossed LCD screens (ie. tablets).

Quote:
How so? Sure, the LCD screen's notorious for hindering reading in direct sunlight, but I can't imagine many other disadvantages. Eye strain definitely isn't an issue (I chatted with my opthamologist about the subject of LCD/LED/PDP screens causing eye strain years ago, and he told me that, while eye strain may occur, today's monitors won't be the reason for it). 

Aug 15, 2011 at 12:17 PM Post #1,251 of 4,134

Quote:
any suggestions? i got some extra cash to spend. tea is something i haven't really enjoyed as much as coffee, beer, and cigarettes, so this is all new to me.

Check if you have a store called Teavana in any malls around you. As far as brands you can easily get in a grocery store look for Mighty Leaf teas. They are a tad overpriced but worth it IMO. 

Aug 15, 2011 at 3:10 PM Post #1,254 of 4,134
Aug 15, 2011 at 10:29 PM Post #1,256 of 4,134
Do you happen to know where he got those pin adapters. I just bought some to wire some speakers to my vintage pioneer, and they are much bulkier and a bit unwieldy so close together. I got it to work out, but I would still like to know for any future projects.

Aug 16, 2011 at 10:10 AM Post #1,258 of 4,134

Quote:
3 feet tank. Going to be a reef tank, live rock, corals, 5 or so fish.

How lucky and exciting! 
Largest I ever had was a 20gal hex, so I never even got to experiment with freshwater plants.
Gotta take some pictures of it when it's all setup!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back