Post pic(s) of your latest "significant" purchase(s)!!! v2.0
Oct 18, 2010 at 2:07 PM Post #587 of 4,134
LP Gear Shibata stylus for Ortofon OM 40 Super OM40 Super cartridge

The LP Gear replacement for Ortofon Stylus 40 is the best available for the Ortofon Super OM 40 OM40 cartridge. It uses a highly polished special Shibata diamond bonded to a thin wall Zualum cantilever for natural sound quality. The Shibata diamond is renowned for its natural tone, delicate and celestial highs along with full-frequency pallete of colorful detail, harmonics and dynamics. It does not have the noisiness and coldness that some have experienced with the FG shape. The stylus is especially handcrafted in Japan by artisans who know how to produce the best sounding replacement styli in the world.

Oct 18, 2010 at 2:23 PM Post #588 of 4,134
One of the most exciting times... well I certainly find it exciting....

is just after you purchase the portable amp and killer headphones of your dreams...

after months and months of research and reading reviews...

and you've found them at an unbelievable bargain price...

and you have them in your possession... and they're in the bag...

and you are walking home.... just anticipating the exciting hours of music

listening ahead !!!  People just have to stare at you wondering what the magic moment is...

Oct 19, 2010 at 4:57 AM Post #590 of 4,134
My brand new  Grado PS1000...screwing expensive but they give me an aural orgasm.

Also got a really cool and comfy designer armchair mine's the spider chair...check it fools! :p     http://www.fashion4home.co.uk/designer-armchair 

Oct 19, 2010 at 6:42 PM Post #591 of 4,134
Finally took some custom pics of my head-fi gear
smily_headphones1.gif
Let me know what you guys think of the photographs. 

Just got the amp its my very first dedicated amp and its an all tube design its paired up with an HRT music streamer II dac best sound I have ever heard from headphones which is not saying much since I don't know any head-fi people in real life and most people I know just have apple ear buds and call it music lol 

Oct 20, 2010 at 12:09 AM Post #595 of 4,134

Quote:
Finally took some custom pics of my head-fi gear
smily_headphones1.gif
Let me know what you guys think of the photographs. 

Just got the amp its my very first dedicated amp and its an all tube design its paired up with an HRT music streamer II dac best sound I have ever heard from headphones which is not saying much since I don't know any head-fi people in real life and most people I know just have apple ear buds and call it music lol 

Great photos dude, very nicely exposed.
How about try some long exposures at night with the tubes glowing
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 20, 2010 at 1:39 AM Post #596 of 4,134
Thanks
smily_headphones1.gif
I've been shooting for a few years but have never done products, I wish I had a backdrop or a nice table to photograph on instead I just shoot it at my desk. I just messed around for a few minutes I ended up with this. BTW this amp has really opened up in the 8 or so hours of use already. 

Photo: 

30 sec exposure
ISO 200 
F/8 

Used external strobe 

Unfortunately a tad under exposed ( already pushed as far as I can with my RAW file ) 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back