Post pic(s) of your latest "significant" purchase(s)!!! v2.0
Jul 10, 2010 at 1:20 PM Post #407 of 4,134
Bought (for the 2nd time) an Audio Technica AH-ESW9, wonder how long I will keep them this time around? 
redface.gif

Jul 13, 2010 at 9:38 PM Post #410 of 4,134
Significant to audio:

Significant to me: 

And a bunch of computer parts! Woo! (If you really care I posted in the computer specs gear-fi thread)

Jul 13, 2010 at 11:22 PM Post #411 of 4,134
Landis, that is a stellar-looking pair of Audio-Technica's first woodies, congrats!

Would you mind disclosing where you found them and how much you paid?

Jul 14, 2010 at 5:45 AM Post #414 of 4,134
Pair of Red Rose Music "Classic" speakers. Bought on eBay for under $2,500.   They start life as  Aurum Cantus Moon River II's, then Red Rose  does a few tweaks and re-badges them. Whoever made them, they sound great.  Not as good as my tri-amped Magneplanar 3.6r's, but pretty darn good.  Using them on a pair of the "original" (class-A) Monarchy SM-70 amps now, but also liked them on my Harmon Kardon Citation II. 

Here they are allowing my Quad ESL-57's to have a rest for a while.

Nice wood!

Jul 15, 2010 at 10:00 AM Post #415 of 4,134
Recent-ish:

Le sandbag, my preferred tool of personal physical destruction. (Next to caffeine and audio)

Jul 15, 2010 at 10:42 AM Post #416 of 4,134
Trying to think of the most recent purchases I've made.... I think It would probably be a speak and spell and a speak and math.  I got both of them on ebay when I saw them as a buy it now for $35. I've seen one speak and spell go as high as $40-$50 before.

Obviously I didn't get the speak and read with it, but this is the only picture I could find with both in the same shot.  Maybe I'll get a speak and read one day.

The reason I bought these/Why they're significant: I've always been a tinkerer, and I've already begun circuit bending the speak and spell with some glitching body contacts.  I've already promised to post some sound clips on here in a bit when I get it fully operational
dt880smile.png

Another significant purchase I made was a necklace for my girlfriend made from recycled silver. It's the molecular structure for the Seratonin molecule, often associated with Happiness

Reason why I bought it/Why It's significant:  Well we've been dating for  a little over a year now, and I thought it would be nice to surprise her with a present.  I'm no classical shower her in diamonds boyfriend, but I think she will be pleasantly surprised with it.  She is in love with psychology and neuroscience, so I thought it would be neat for her to have.  Plus it's recycled and cute because she makes me happy and whatnot.

Sorry for image dump, but yeah. Those are some of my more recent purchases that I think are important.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back