Post Here: The Most Memorable Quotes/Sentences From Other HeadFi Members...
Aug 31, 2004 at 9:12 PM Post #31 of 45
Wasn't there a whole list of Mertonisms?

As much as I really hated that guy, kinda felt sorry for him in some twisted way.

Everything he said though would work in this thread..

Wait.. found it:

http://nameless.ca/stash/mertonisms.txt

Quote:

Originally Posted by Merton
put glue on yer window.. that way the bird will stick to it and it can't go back to ram the window again... it will slowly starve to death but you wont hurt it.

Aug 31, 2004 at 9:24 PM Post #32 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kelvie1234

As much as I really hated that guy, kinda felt sorry for him in some twisted way.

Everything he said though would work in this thread..

Wait.. found it:

Merton contributed heaps to head-fi in more ways than one........ why the Fcuk is he still banned????????????????????????????????????????

I feel like starting a "bring back Merton" thread.......... the guy was / is a source of entertainment and knowledge and, I for one, would love to welcome him back with open arms.

Aug 31, 2004 at 9:36 PM Post #33 of 45
One of the most memorable sentences here has to be "Welcome to Head-fi, sorry about your wallet".

I did a quick search, oldest entry I was able to find was by JMT saying that gaineso used to say that:
http://www5.head-fi.org/forums/showp...1&postcount=10
But in that same thread, gainso replied that someone else (?) recommended that sentence as a Head-fi motto.

Earliest usage I can find is Gaineso's, back in May/2002:
http://www5.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=11925

Don't know who actually gave that recommendation, but it seems gaineso and JMT are among the earliest adopters.

Aug 31, 2004 at 9:56 PM Post #34 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by rsaavedra
One of the most memorable sentences here has to be "Welcome to Head-fi, sorry about your wallet".

I did a quick search, oldest entry I was able to find was by JMT saying that gaineso used to say that:
http://www5.head-fi.org/forums/showp...1&postcount=10
But in that same thread, gainso replied that someone else (?) recommended that sentence as a Head-fi motto.

Earliest usage I can find is Gaineso's, back in May/2002:
http://www5.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=11925

Don't know who actually gave that recommendation, but it seems gaineso and JMT are among the earliest adopters.

http://www5.head-fi.org/forums/showt...d-Fi%2C+wallet More reference to wallets

Aug 31, 2004 at 10:56 PM Post #38 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kelvie1234
As much as I really hated that guy, kinda felt sorry for him in some twisted way. Everything he said though would work in this thread..

Wait.. found it:

Poor fella...
unfortunate yet hilarious. Exclusion can't be very theraputic?

Selected quotes:
"Worst product ever introduced to consumers? dogs

man.. i wish they made vibrators for men..

i juwst bought i nice chair there!! no more laying on the ground for me *holds head up high*

stupid senile old people shouldn't be on the damn road!!! if they are they should be on scooters so i could just smash them and be on my way!!!

i could easily just turn one of you upside down and use ya as a pencil holder.

i'd just rather have a vasectomy... no whiney little money suckers runing round me

i was trying to mock him, you dolt!!

i've discovered that if you put your fingers in your ears that you can hear the movie perfectly and build up your biceps at the same time

headphones, given their shapely nature, are capable of producing euphoria in other ways than through sound...

just tell your wallet to shuddap and relax while you disembowl it!!! ahahaha!!!!"

That last one is certainly a zesty update to a tired old phrase.

Sep 1, 2004 at 3:08 AM Post #39 of 45
Minya's smartass remarks are not only memorable but hilarious. His sense of timing is impeccable. He just has this knack for saying the funniest off the cuff remarks at the most opportune moment.

Recent ones include:

"I get the feeling WmAx is not actually a real human, but is a strange sentient robot similar to R2-D2."

and

"OMG STEVE999 IS TEH SMAERTEST MAN IN TEH HOLE WORDL"

Classic!
icon10.gif

Sep 1, 2004 at 5:03 AM Post #40 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by PinkFloyd
Merton contributed heaps to head-fi in more ways than one........ why the **** is he still banned????????????????????????????????????????

I feel like starting a "bring back Merton" thread.......... the guy was / is a source of entertainment and knowledge and, I for one, would love to welcome him back with open arms.

Okay, I might buy the "entertainment" factor, much the way some people cant look away from automobile accidents, but "Knowledge"????

JC

Sep 1, 2004 at 6:05 AM Post #42 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfall
Okay, I might buy the "entertainment" factor, much the way some people cant look away from automobile accidents, but "Knowledge"????

JC

Merton did us all a huge favor by gracing us with his presence and never-ending contributions, gifts that were undeniably priceless. What kind of gifts you ask? For one, a list of what not to say, or even think for that matter. Not to mention the thought of knowing that no one person on head-fi is as freakishly weird (among other things) as he could ever be. Merton is a true individivual, one that can never be replaced.
biggrin.gif

Sep 1, 2004 at 2:25 PM Post #43 of 45
Don't have a quote, but I did greatly enjoy the thread titled:
How to clean boogers from rare,expensive vinyl
CPW

Sep 2, 2004 at 6:28 AM Post #44 of 45
Since no one has put up any of those memorable quotes made by Mike S, I'll take the pleasure. Mike hasn't been posting very much as of late (last year or so), but when he does the classic quotes come a' flowin'!!!
rolleyes.gif
I mean come on, look how many of them there are contained in just one of the recent threads he participated in!! For those of you who don't know Mike or what he stands for, here's a little bit of insight in how he discusses things around here. While I don't agree with him practically 100% of the time, I do think he's a smart individual and he does contribute to head-fi...in his own kind of way.
biggrin.gif
Nontheless, he provides a lot of entertainment and urges me to more often participate in debate (or whatever you wish to call it) than I normally would. Thanx Mike.
biggrin.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
eek.gif
confused.gif
blink.gif
plainface.gif

Quote:

You claim: "The HD-650 is capable of equal detail, and better impact, than the SR-404. "
What you claim is a physical impossibility and can be dismissed out of hand.

Nothing is perfect, but something is best.

The distortion manifests itself as what you call greater 'substance and impact'.

Unfortunately, amplification has nothing to do with it. The inherent limitations of the diaphragms have everything to do with it.

Why even bother with such a comparison? It's pointless.

Of course they're better. Why are you surprised? I'm not!
lambda.gif

Sep 2, 2004 at 6:57 AM Post #45 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by PinkFloyd
Merton contributed heaps to head-fi in more ways than one........ why the **** is he still banned????????????????????????????????????????

I joined a cycling forum a few months ago, and guess what? There was the Merton himself. I thought I was hallucinating for just a minute, but then my senses kicked in........man, this is Merton. He's still professing the same old bullsh*t, and whacked-out responses, but it is rather comical in some sort of sick, twisted way. He's gotta be a professional forum parasite.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back