Post Count
Nov 27, 2003 at 7:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

Geek

Headphoneus Supremus
Anyone ever notice that post count is a lot like how time passes in one's life?

What I'm trying to say is, the first few posts are like the first years of one's life: it seems an eternity to get past the "newbie" stage, the first five years of life, the first hundred posts on head-fi.

Pretty soon you're getting adept at walking the ropes, and a year isn't an eternity anymore, it's just a passing phase, enter adolescence, or the 300+ post count.

I'm at 800 posts and have no idea how I managed to contribute this much time to head-fi.

Just a cool thought / analogy.

Cheers,
Geek

Nov 27, 2003 at 7:26 PM Post #3 of 16
Speaking for myself as well post count doesn't always mean anything...

Quote:

Originally posted by Merton at Headwize.com
i only reregistered once. merton-lives is totally not my style. and i still hold my stance that anything with filler is garbage.
appropriate designations. that was not a review. and that "review" was more of a last straw of rambling in general... when it comes to "review". a game mag or hunting or car or any other kind of mag would never put up wiht filler. that thing should've been titled as what it was and is. about the rest of the pissing off... that's understandable... i was posting alot just to up my post count.

rolleyes.gif

Nov 27, 2003 at 8:26 PM Post #4 of 16
Ya, and sometimes your post count goes backwards temporarily. Last night, I was at 399 and then today I was back to 398. Not that I usually keep track, but the first 300 took a full year. The last 100 took only the month of November. This should make an even 400, assuming that I haven't said something wrong to offend a moderator.
wink.gif

Nov 28, 2003 at 4:34 AM Post #7 of 16
Quote:

Originally posted by jpburton5150
yeah i think this should be my 102nd post but according to my post count i only have 98. i was at 96 a couple days ago and made 4 posts in 5 mins and my post count didnt change oh well....

Posts in Take It Outside, and Certifiably Insane don't count.

Nov 28, 2003 at 5:16 AM Post #9 of 16
i can't believe that i have almost 600 posts now. i still consider myself a relative newb, though, if only because i'm new to audio in general. i can still contribute useful stuff to threads about cheap portable cans, though
biggrin.gif
. i have so many cheap (but good!) headphones that i could have bought something nice by now. no regrets, though.

Nov 29, 2003 at 12:54 AM Post #12 of 16
I'm at 500+ and I still don't even have a decent setup! (KSC-50's coming from a Santa Cruz sound card...ugh).

Nov 29, 2003 at 10:49 PM Post #13 of 16
The only thing that I care about posts is that there are quotas for the Headroom amp lease thing and I'm itching to sit down and do a demo of a Head at home. But for the most part I'm a reader not a poster, most of my doings are in the Members' Lounge or CI forums.

Nov 29, 2003 at 11:08 PM Post #14 of 16
I think I'm now the third highest poster on the basis of posts/day. Hard to believe I have a life as well eh? However I have one advantage many of you dont... Web access from anywhere on this planet
very_evil_smiley.gif
With my powers, I can be arguing about headphones from anywhere...

...which actually makes me a whole lot sadder than any of you.

I'm off to cry now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back